It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
(male)

scottyg354 HB User
Cool Flat Poop Worriers

So if you are anything like me you probably dread everytime you go to the toilet and see an odd shaped stool. And you probably drive yourself crazy with self diagnosis of potential colon cancer and other horrible things.

Well I have read a few articles on the net that sort of disprove the flat stools caused by a tumor or other blockages. These is no physical proof of this, it is only a theory made up in the mid 19th, because it sounded like it made sense. No I am not saying that if you have these stool problems not to get yourself checked especially if there are other symptoms present. Myself am going at the end of the month for a colonoscopy due to this and other symptoms which are leading more towards malabsorption or food intolerances, but I have talked to people all many different boards on the net including IBS Boards, Celiac Boards, Lactose Intolerance Boards and their are people on all these boards that have had flat stools plus other symptoms that are the so called warning signs of colon cancer.

I myself have had flat stools, bent stools, stools that look like big fishing hooks, small pellet stools, flake like stools, semi-normal stools. All different colors (not red or black though). I have had this for years. Probably since I'm 19 (which was when I had my first scope, currently 26), I have pretty much been the same weight since then, appetite is relatively the same and I don't feel much different from then. I recently scared myself to the point of going to the doctor due to my gas and movements smelling retched, being slightly constipated and sluggish, load stomach noise and whole slough of other issues. Got my bloodwork back and my Thyroid levels were low, we also think I might be potentially Celiac.

But my point here is, don't jump the gun on worst case scenario, especially if the odd are on your side (age, family history). There are many things that cause flat stool including bad diet and sedentary lifestyle. I am not saying don't get yourself checked, anything odd should be looked at, but what I am saying is don't worry yourself and don't listen to everyone you talk to. Go to the doc and let him tell you whats up. And get on with your life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Flat Poop Worriers

Hi so let us know what else is found out.

Closed Thread