It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
(male)

jacktwo HB User
extreme gut pain everyday - help!

hi,

i will start from the beginning...

in 2007 i was labouring and lifting heavy buckets of cement up and down ladders and pulling buckets of it up with a rope to scaffolding. this ended up with me in the shower looking down 1 day to notice that my left testicle sack had increased size by possibly 5 times normal size. it was huge, and made me faint.

i went to the accident and emergency at hospital and was told that it could be a hernia, however there is nothing to worry about since it had died down by then and the testicle sack was quickly going back to normal size. i guess it was liquid sitting above the testicle inside the sack.

since then about a month later i started getting extremely painful contraction feeling in my bowel area. it would last about 5 seconds and then stop, be nothing for 2mins, and then start again. this lastest about 2 months and then died away.

after that about 2 months later i noticed i was getting a lot of back pains, naturally i thought maybe it is my posture, or the chair i am sitting on, or that i do not excersise enough anymore. i tried a proper chair, i went to the gym and followed proper training from an instrcutor, i even went to an osteopath to help my back. none of it worked, i still have the problem today and it is gradually been getting worse and more painful.

at the same time of experiencing more back problems i started getting pains in my bowel / abdomen again. this has been getting extremely bad over the past 3-4 years now along with my back pains. i have found that stress makes it particularly bad, as well as eating foods i am not very fond of. sure i can eat them without feeling sick, but once it reaches my abdomen for digestion i get really horrible pains. these pains are constant and can last for hours, even a day at most.

the most easy way i have found to feel better is get hot water bottles against my lower back and belly and sit down and hold them there. other ways is to stand up in the shower with hot water pouring down to cover up the pain. this just is a way for me to feel better, it doesnt take the pain away. pain killers do not work.

some medication i have tried is acid reflux pills, they dont work. i have had an endoscopy to check for stomache ulcer - nothing there. i have to take iron tablets and a b12 injection every 3 months because over this time i have become anemic and have a low blood count.

ontop of all this, i have lost a lot of weight. i used to be 11 stone, i have now become 9.5 stone, which is around 56-58 kilos. this is bad as i am 24 yr male and 5ft 5inches. i should be heavier than that.

throughout all of this for the past 1.5 years i have also experienced waking up in the middle of the night having poohed myself. This is liquid form, not hard stools. it is like i have farted too much i guess and something came out. as if my body cannot control my bowels while asleep and unconsious.

i have now today had finally a CT scan and i am in the system of the NHS to finding out what exactly is wrong with me. however what do you think? do i have bowel / abdominal cancer maybe? will i die? i am becomming weaker and weaker by the month, continously loosing weight, not able to eat without worrying about being sick and with pains all over the place, i am a complete wreck. my job is also in crisis, i may lose it due to being off too much for hospital visits and doctor visits, so im also becomming very depressed.

maybe someone has the same problems and can enlighten me with some hope of what it might be?

cheers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
(male)

tygriff HB Usertygriff HB Usertygriff HB User
Re: extreme gut pain everyday - help!

Jacktwo,

I cannot believe the pain you are going through. I would have been in the ER a long time ago. As for the abominal pain, my father has this quite frequently. His is caused by a twist in the intestine in and around an existing hernia. What happens is that with certain foods, his intestine contracts and twists. This prevents the movement of the food through the intestine. It always occured at an existing, unrepaired hernia. When he goes to the hospital, they put him on a muscle relaxant, hot water bottles around his hernia and get him on a liquid diet. This allows the intestine to unwind. He has not got his hernia repaired due to other ailments (recovering from heart bypass surgery).
This may be a cause of your stomach pain.
As for the releasing of poop in the night, that is really odd. I suggest you go to see a doctor as soon as possible and print out this page showing exactly what you wrote here. With this information they should be able to develop a plan to find the cause.
Don't be worried about cancer or anything of the such. Go see a doctor and get your mind at ease with a plan to resolve. Medicine is amazing these days and there is no need to suffer.

Good luck!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: extreme gut pain everyday - help!

I have had similar pain in my right abdomen now for almost a year daily. The pain will come on and last varying amounts of time and is relieved by laying down or sitting. Heat seems to help pain as well. I need more tests. Had ct in er a year ago and they said spastic colitis. I don't think that is the correct diagnosis. Hope u feel better

Closed Thread