It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

Rainbo HB User
Soft and sticky stools for a month now?

I had the flu about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I thought that was what this was all from. But it should have stopped by now.. My stool sometimes smells normal, sometimes rancid. Its very soft, and it either sinks or sticks to the side of the toilet bowl. It's not like diarrhea, it only happens once a day, everyday. And it's very controllable. I'm just worried because only a month ago everything was normal. I am under a lot of stress lately, and I do have an anxiety disorder. Could the stress be the problem? Nothing has really changed in my diet either. I know I should just go to a doctor, but it's very embarrassing.. So I'm asking this anonymously here. What could this be??

Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Soft and sticky stools for a month now?

Welcome and please don't be ashamed to see your Dr., they have seen and heard it all.

It very well could still be something doing with the flu you had as there is a stomach bug going around this year that doesn't seem to want to leave. However, if you see no change soon...PLEASE..contact your Dr. and maybe even see a GI Dr. Stress will raise havoc on your sytem as well.

Make sure your eating a lot of fiber and fluids as well.

Best of wishes and good luck...JJ...

BTW..You could try taking a Probiotic Acidophilus. I had miserable bowel problems, mostly Diarrhea and loose stools till my PCP and GI Drs. told me to take them. Really worked for me.

Last edited by JJ; 03-26-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added Info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laura B HB User

JJ I have the same problem (diarrhea and sticky or loose stool) for many months already, Gastro told me to eat lots of Fiber but could find nothing wrong. I would like to try the Probiotic Acidolphilus. Do you need a prescription for it? Hopefully it is not too expensive.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Hi Laura...No..no script needed you can buy them almost anywhere. I bought mine at our local pharmacy but then they didn't have them next time I was looking so I went online and did a search for a local place, which was a food chain that sells that brand. I think I paid 6.99 for 100. I only take one every other day and hubby takes them maybe twice a week as he gets constipated at times due to some of his meds. If I take them everyday, sometimes it has the reverse affect and will make you go too much.

Hope this helps, let me know how you make out...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Laura B (03-27-2011)
Closed Thread