It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

Bikerd HB User
Need support from others coping.

I am tired of being sick!!!! I am a 35 year old female previously in good health.

I have been sick for so long I can't even begin to say when this started maybe six eight months ago however it finally got bad enough to seek medical attention last week.....I know....I know, I definitely should not have waited this long.

Here is where I am. Visited the doctor last week for severe cramping, rectal bleeding, nausea vomiting and fatigue. The dr did some blood work and requested a stool sample as well as referred me to a gastro for a colonoscopy which is scheduled for next Monday.

My blood work came back that I am severely Vitamin D deficient but oddly enough my Calcium is normal/high. All other tests within normal limits including hemoglobin and thyroid. Dr. started me on 10000UI D3 daily for 5 days and then weekly dose for 6 weeks. After some research I called the Dr today to ask for my PTH to be checked as well, that test will be later this week.

My fatigue nausea and vomiting continues, slightly constipated last two days but rectal bleeding has been absent for a few days. Cramping on left side and pressure in rectum also continues.

Now my body HURTS, maybe from the D3? My arms hurt so deep in the bone it is horrible keeping me up at night and my hips feel like someone is pushing them together so hard it is crushing them also making it difficult to sleep. Also I have weird twinges of pain in my growing and my lymph nodes are slightly swollen, not tender just swollen but the twinge pain is in the same area on both sides.

I know my Dr is doing all the right steps to get me a diagnosis, I just wish the process didn't take so long, I am so tired it is tough making it through a day, just that alone is effecting my spirits not to mention the pain I am experiencing.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bikerd:
flipfleury (04-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Need support from others coping.

It's not fun at all to be sick all the time ! I have had multiple health problems for the last five and half years and it's causing problems at work with my boss as she thinks I am a hypochondriac and just want attention and sympathy. I can understand what you must be feeling. Have you had bowel problems on a regular basis or is this something new ? I have had constipation with alternating bouts of explosive diarrhea,severe abdominal cramping,gas that I can't always expel which sometimes also causes bloating since 1996. It's called IBS-A . I was looking up on the computer about remedies for constipation when I saw that bowel retraining helps with chronic constipation so I read how to go about implementing the program for myself. I started on 3-2-11 and have been able to keep from being constipated or any explosive diarrhea since then. I now have regular soft but formed bowel movements everyday at the same time of day. I increased my dietary fiber intake to 25 grams a day and water intake to 64 oz. per day. I sit on the toilet for at least for 30 minutes everyday after I eat breakfast to have a bowel movement. I don't use any kind of laxatives and I don't strain to pass the stools. I only use slow deep breathing exercises alternating with pelvic floor exercises(Kegel). I take ! scoop of Citrucel plus 1 tsp.L-Glutamine powder and fresh squeezed lemon juice to add flavor in the morning with breakfast and the evening after I get home from work as this also helps keep me regular and adds bulk to the stools. I eat oatmeal with a 1 tsp of ground flaxseed and cinnamon in it,and 6 stewed prunes. Hopefully the doctor can figure out what is causing your rectal bleeding and vomiting ! Ask him about retraining your bowels so you can have regular soft but formed bowel movements everyday at the same time. It can keep you from getting constipated and straining to have bowel movement which can cause anal fissures,hemorrhoids, rectal prolapse . I hope this is a help to you.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
(female)

Bikerd HB User

Thanks for the response FlipFleury!

I have been very fortunate up until now and have "gone" the same time every day since I can remember. I have a great diet and eat plenty of fiber and yogurt. Food has never bothered me so I guess I feel very lucky, my husband on the other hand has bowel changes every time he eats certain food or is under stress. One thing I noticed in past few years is urgency to go, and I am fast, I get my business done quickly. I guess I am fortunate that way too and the only time I can remember having diarrhea is when I had the flu.

That is why all of this seems so strange, right now its not even the bowel issues that are bothering me, the fatigue and extreme pain in my bones and groin are making my quality of life terrible. I own a business and go to college 3/4 time, these "symptoms" have made it very difficult to get through a day.

My dr. has been very proactive and scheduled a colonoscopy right away which is for Monday, he also tested me for anemia, thyroid and vitamin levels. The only thing abnormal on those tests was the vitamin d deficiency, which can cause the pain but what made me deficient? I ride a motorcycle and spend plenty of time in the sun not to mention the diet I eat high in vitamin D. The strange thing is my calcium level was high/normal, I thought vitamin d helped absorb calcium so shouldn't that level be low? He wants to test my PTH next to see if this is a parathyroid issue. But that still doesn't explain the blood, UGH. Maybe I should ask those questions in a different area here

I can't imagine going through what you have and many of the people on this forum, I am frustrated and this has only been going on for 6 or 8 months.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

I sure hope that your doctor can get to the bottom of this issue with the blood in the rectal area. You might be tired because you're losing blood and now you're anemic. If so the doctor might have you take iron supplements but just beware it does cause constipation and does turn your bowel movements black. As for the Vitamin D many people are deficient in Vitamin D but it's usually women more than men I don't understand why but maybe it has to do with estrogen. Maybe ask the doctor why you're deficient. Good luck and let me know how things turned out with the colonoscopy and all your tests you have done.

Closed Thread