It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
(female)

devenidc HB User
gas/bloating and diarrhea for 3-4 days

Hi,

I have been experiencing diarrhea and gas/bloating for the past several days. I was out sick with the flu (not stomach flu) all last week. Now I'm pretty much over that. My appetite is not so great, but I've been eating much more than I had been. Over the weekend, I started having symptoms of a yeast infection. I assumed that this was due to my weakened immune system from the flu and having consumed so much sugar over the past week (sprite and white toast were the only things I could tolerate).

So now, I'm sure I have a compromised immune system from the flu, and as a result I have a yeast infection. What I'm concerned with is the diarrhea and painful bloating. Are these things connected? I've never had diarrhea or bloating last more than a day or so. Does anyone have any ideas as to what my ultimate problem is?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: gas/bloating and diarrhea for 3-4 days

Could very well be the stomach bug that is going around. I had it on and off for 2 weeks, it just doesn't seem to want to go. If you have a yeast infection try taking a Probiotic for a week or two. Naturally if things don't get better call your Dr. as you might need a prescription.

Feel better...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: gas/bloating and diarrhea for 3-4 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenidc View Post
Hi,

I have been experiencing diarrhea and gas/bloating for the past several days. I was out sick with the flu (not stomach flu) all last week. Now I'm pretty much over that. My appetite is not so great, but I've been eating much more than I had been. Over the weekend, I started having symptoms of a yeast infection. I assumed that this was due to my weakened immune system from the flu and having consumed so much sugar over the past week (sprite and white toast were the only things I could tolerate).

So now, I'm sure I have a compromised immune system from the flu, and as a result I have a yeast infection. What I'm concerned with is the diarrhea and painful bloating. Are these things connected? I've never had diarrhea or bloating last more than a day or so. Does anyone have any ideas as to what my ultimate problem is?
Maybe now you have the stomach flu. Try eating a BRAT diet for several days, B=Bananas R= Rice (white)A=Applesauce T=Toast (white) no butter or jam just dry toast(yuck I know!) this should help make your bowel movements more solid, stay on clear liquids no dairy products, try immodium for the diarrhea. Just make sure you continue to get enough fluids into your body so you don't dehydrate. Children's pedialyte is good to drink when you have diarrhea because it puts back the minerals you lose when you have diarrhea. You may need to get monostat for the yeast infection and take probiotics. If the diarrhea doesn't go away after several days then you better go see your doctor.

Closed Thread