It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
(female)

nauticaljay HB User
Anal Fissure or Hemorrhoids?

Excuse the frankness:

For the past 3-4 months I have off and on, severe pain when I have a bm. Sometimes it heals up and I think it's gone, but then it comes back for another couple of weeks.

The pain is a sharp burning feeling (symptom of an Anal Fissure, I've read) but it also feels like there is something blocking the path - like I'm pushing the **** past something that is very tender. The pain used to be only in one spot (the front part of the anus about an inch or so up) but it is now in two distinct places.

When I stick my finger down there while I'm pushing I can feel the inner area that is painful and it feels like two bumps (hemorrhoids??) but they're so tender I don't put my finger up any further.

Nothing is sticking out of me and I've read that internal hemorrhoids don't usually cause pain so I'm leaning towards Anal Fissure. Only a few times have I seen blood, although there was one time that quite a bit of blood came out - not seeping or oozing out but pouring out. That was a few months ago, and nothing like that has happened since.

I've used topical ointment but it's hard to tell if it's helping at all.

What are your thoughts? Anal Fissure or Hemorrhoids? Both?

If it is Anal Fissure are there OTC treatments in addition to dietary changes that I can use, or are all the treatments by prescription?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Anal Fissure or Hemorrhoids?

It could be either to be honest. Only way your going to find out is to see a GI Dr. Many can be treated with medicine and others may need other treatment. Don't put off seeking some help so things don't get worse. Yes there are a few creams that are over the counter stuff but if it were me, I would want to know exactly what I'm treating.

Many years ago I found a lot of blood in the toilet and went to see my Dr. He said I had broken an Anal Fissure. He gave me some kind of suppositories to use but told me if it didn't help to call him. Luckily it only happened once.

Good luck...JJ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
(male)

signal23 HB User

I have the same exact problem. About a month ago I noticed extreme bleeding and it was pretty sore for a couple of days but not to bad except for during bm's. A week or two later it became really swollen down there and itchy and it has been miserable since then. Its like the veins or muscle on the lower right butt is stiff. I don't know what it is but its really sore to the touch. I have been using preporation h but it really only helps when I'm at home. I work construction on a roof and the pain I have been in is unberable I get off work bathe and can't move for the rest of the night. I don't know if I have a fissure or hemmerroids. I also don't know if it will heal on its own because of my work. Any advice would be great, thank you.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
(male)

Ocean22 HB User

Don't wait. Go get nifedipine ointment and start now before the scar tissue makes it hard to heal. DONT MESS WITH AN ANAL FISSURE IT CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
(male)

signal23 HB User

I'm at the er right now... they are saying its either an absess or herpies because its pussing.... atleast I'm here. I've been really feverish the last couple days. I work 10hr days in the heat so I kno my body has been fatigued but I know it started as a tear. But now I'm scared it could be herpies. I've been really sick the last couple days but have been in pain back there for a few weeks now. Any ideas?

Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
(male)

Ocean22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal23 View Post
I'm at the er right now... they are saying its either an absess or herpies because its pussing.... atleast I'm here. I've been really feverish the last couple days. I work 10hr days in the heat so I kno my body has been fatigued but I know it started as a tear. But now I'm scared it could be herpies. I've been really sick the last couple days but have been in pain back there for a few weeks now. Any ideas?
I have often thought that one could get an infection from a fissure as the feces are going over a cut in skin, so maybe that's what's up. Hope u feel better. Keep us posted!! J

Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
(male)

signal23 HB User

I don't know what they did to me at the er last night but they squeezed on something on my anus and it hurt real bad they said puss came out & now since then I have had sharp shooting pains whenever I move or sit down! Its like they made it worse. On a positive I think the antibiotics are helping because I don't feel sick anymore. I still think it looks like a tearand its real red now. My lower right butt under my anus is still swollen or tight to the touch. But its no longer tender only where they squeezed at is painful now.

Closed Thread