It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
(male)

abdomissues HB User
Non-Painful Pressure - Narrow Stool - Long Term

I've had varying degrees of narrow stool (very occasional normal ones) for over a year. When it first started I had a lot of pressure and bloating just under the lower right rib cage, and now I have pressure in my mid to lower right abdomen, about a few inches right of my navel. Usually I feel the pressure about 10 to 20 minutes before a bowel movement. The most troubling thing is the sensation of a foreign object in that area...but it's nothing I can feel with my hands.

No abnormal contents in stool (mucus, blood etc). No pain in abdomen. No weight loss. No vomiting or diarrhea.

About 9 months ago I had an abdominal ultrasound (normal) and a colonoscopy (normal...not even a polyp). The doc said she believed it to be some sort of spasm and didn't seem bothered after all the tests, which also included every fecal and blood test known to man.

Thanks for any feedback!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Non-Painful Pressure - Narrow Stool - Long Term

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdomissues View Post
I've had varying degrees of narrow stool (very occasional normal ones) for over a year. When it first started I had a lot of pressure and bloating just under the lower right rib cage, and now I have pressure in my mid to lower right abdomen, about a few inches right of my navel. Usually I feel the pressure about 10 to 20 minutes before a bowel movement. The most troubling thing is the sensation of a foreign object in that area...but it's nothing I can feel with my hands.

No abnormal contents in stool (mucus, blood etc). No pain in abdomen. No weight loss. No vomiting or diarrhea.

About 9 months ago I had an abdominal ultrasound (normal) and a colonoscopy (normal...not even a polyp). The doc said she believed it to be some sort of spasm and didn't seem bothered after all the tests, which also included every fecal and blood test known to man.

Thanks for any feedback!
Have you ever heard of Irritable Bowel Syndrome ? Abdominal pain, gas that can't always be expelled ,bloating,constipation,diarrhea,constipa tion alternating with bouts of explosive diarrhea. The colon sometimes actually goes into a spasm which can cause severe abdominal cramps and with explosive diarrhea. Sometimes it's caused by foods that we eat such as dairy products, acidic,spicy,and gassy foods. A meal high fat content can cause diarrhea and spasms. Probiotics a couple times a day can help with spasms and abdominal cramps. Metamucil or Citrucel two or three times a day can help either constipation or diarrhea because it retains fluid in the stool but it also adds bulk to the stool as well.I have had Irritable Syndrome since 1996,constipation alternating with bouts of diarrhea.I take probiotics twice day and I also eat yogurt at least once day. Citrucel in the morning and in the evening with 1 tsp of L-glutamine powder and fresh squeezed lemon juice to add flavor and I heat it in the microwave for 1 minute. I eat oatmeal with ground flax seed and cinnamon and 6 stewed prunes. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables,whole grains,nuts,and beans. I also drink at lest 64 oz. of water a day. I have my 30 minutes on the toilet everyday in the early morning to have a bowel movement with using my slow deep breathing exercises. I start this early morning routine an hour before my roommate gets up so I can have my privacy and not feel rushed. When I feel like I have a lot of gas then I go sit on the toilet and place my hand just above my pubic area and press down to try to expel as much gas as possible and I stay on the toilet for several minutes because usually when I have that much gas it also means I need to have a bowel movement. Since I started this morning routine everyday to have a bowel movement I no longer have any problems with constipation or ant of the irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.You might have trapped gas that is causing the pain under the rib cage and colon spasms in the lower right abdomen. Try setting aside time each day at the same time to have a bowel movement and see if this helps your pain .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread