It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
(male)

Sparky170179 HB User
Unhappy Problems pooping...

Hello,
Bit nervous about posting about this issue. I am a thirty one year old male and I have had problems pooping for as long as I can remember.

To summarise, the only place I feel comfortable doing the deed is at work. The problem became more apparent in my early twenties. As it stands at the moment, I am unable to poop at home. this includes this weekend where I have had four days off. The worst example are things like when we went on a family holiday to Spain last year for ten days. By the time we returned home I was feeling awful.

I am aware that my Father suffers from a similar issue. This has got worse over the years, to the point that he finds it difficult to visit us for more than a day at a time.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sparky170179; 04-25-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Problems pooping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky170179 View Post
Hello,
Bit nervous about posting about this issue. I am a thirty one year old male and I have had problems pooping for as long as I can remember.

To summarise, the only place I feel comfortable doing the deed is at work. The problem became more apparent in my early twenties. As it stands at the moment, I am unable to poop at home. this includes this weekend where I have had four days off. The worst example are things like when we went on a family holiday to Spain last year for ten days. By the time we returned home I was feeling awful.

I am aware that my Father suffers from a similar issue. This has got worse over the years, to the point that he finds it difficult to visit us for more than a day at a time.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Why do you only feel comfortable at work to have a bowel movement ? For me that is the last place I feel comfortable having a bowel movement because I am self-conscious of the noise from expelling gas and the the smell from the gas the bowel movement itself. Do you drink enough water and eat enough dietary fiber on a daily basis ?The recommended dietary fiber you should be taking in everyday is 25-30 grams and drinking at least 64 oz. a day of water. It's also recommended that you get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise. Sometimes taking a brisk walk after a meal helps to kick in the gastrocolic reflex( peristalsis) that gives you the urge to have a bowel movement. What I now do to get enough privacy and the time I need to have a bowel movement is that I get up an hour before my roommate does to have the bathroom to myself and that way I don't feel rushed or that I am taking too much time in the bathroom. I sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes each morning at the same time to have a bowel movement. The only I do to help me a bowel movement is slow deep breathing exercises alternating with pelvic floor muscle exercises(kegel) When I feel the stool start to come out I take a slow deep breath and hold it to the count of 15 and then slowly exhale and I do this for 3-4 times in succession and then continue to do slow deep breathing exercises until I have expelled all the stool. This can take up 1-2 minutes and then I stay on the toilet for at least another 5 minutes to make sure I have completely emptied my bowels before I clean-up and get off the toilet. I have been doing this morning routine since 3-2-2011 and have a bowel movement daily with no straining,forcing or laxatives. I have had constipation problems since very early childhood and I am almost fifty years old. I am no longer having any problems with constipation since I started this morning routine. I hope you will consider trying this routine for your own health and welfare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread