It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
(female)

rbik1 HB User
Unhappy Impacted bowel?

On my last post, I asked about hemorrhoids and said I was trying to get my bowel movements to be soft to stop aggrivating the hems.

I've struggled quite hard with this, I've drank plenty of water and introduced lots of fibre into my diet through bran cereals and fruits and veg, yet my stools didn't really seem to change much. The occasional stool has been kind of soft and easy to pass, but most the time, they require a bit of a push to get going!

Recently I have felt slight incomplete bowel evacuation. I get up from a bowel movement, still feeling as if something is there (the feeling sometimes goes away after a little while). I'm starting to wonder if this is caused by my hems or whether theres something a bit more serious going on!

Last night I felt the urge to 'go' and when I tried, it felt as if there was something that needed to come out, but couldn't. I pushed a little bit to see if that would help and it almost felt as if it was going to come out but never did. I decided to get up, since I don't want to strain lots and cause my hemorrhoids more problems.

*graphic information!*
This morning, I got up, and when to the bathroom to have a similar experience, this time I decided to wait a little bit, as sometimes a bit of moving around or time, gets my bowels moving. I went to the bathroom about an hour later and passed some small-ish formed stools, which then turned into slightly larger stools but quite soft (and these came out quite rapidly) and when I wiped and things seemed a quite soft and almost diarrhea-like. The majority of stools were formed so I don't think its complete diarrhea - but again at the end I felt this incomplete feeling. I'm wondering if I have an impacted bowel? I did some quick reading online and found that some sufferers get explosive diarrhea which is the liquid stool passing the impacted stool. But that made me unsure because I do pass stools that are formed, and even though this morning's bowel movement was sort of 'explosive' because of the speed, it wasn't completely diarrhea.

Could anyone offer some advice? Is this the fibre I've been eating recently kicking in and the hems giving me this feeling, or is there an impaction?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Impacted bowel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbik1 View Post
On my last post, I asked about hemorrhoids and said I was trying to get my bowel movements to belots of fibre into my diet through bran cereals and fruits and veg, yet my stools didn't really seem to change much. The occasional stool has been kind of soft and easy to pass, but most the time, they require a bit of a push to get going!

Recently I have felt slight incomplete bowel evacuation. I get up from a bowel movement, still feeling as if something is there (the feeling sometimes goes away after a little while). I'm starting to wonder if this is caused by my hems or whether theres something a bit more serious going on!

Last night I felt the urge to 'go' and when I tried, it felt as if there was something that needed to come out, but couldn't. I pushed a little bit to see if that would help and it almost felt as if it was going to come out but never did. I decided to get up, since I don't want to strain lots and cause my hemorrhoids more problems.

*graphic information!*
This morning, I got up, and when to the bathroom to have a similar experience, this time I decided to wait a little bit, as sometimes a bit of moving around or time, gets my bowels moving. I went to the bathroom about an hour later and passed some small-ish formed stools, which then turned into slightly larger stools but quite soft (and these came out quite rapidly) and when I wiped and things seemed a quite soft and almost diarrhea-like. The majority of stools were formed so I don't think its complete diarrhea - but again at the end I felt this incomplete feeling. I'm wondering if I have an impacted bowel? I did some quick reading online and found that some sufferers get explosive diarrhea which is the liquid stool passing the impacted stool. But that made me unsure because I do pass stools that are formed, and even though this morning's bowel movement was sort of 'explosive' because of the speed, it wasn't completely diarrhea.

Could anyone offer some advice? Is this the fibre I've been eating recently kicking in and the hems giving me this feeling, or is there an impaction?
Try sitting on the toilet for another 5 minutes after the initial bowel movement seems to have stopped just to make sure your bowels are completely emptied. Make a set time everyday to sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. Use slow deep breathing exercises alternating with kegel exercises. (also known as pelvic floor exercises) When you feel the stool start to come out take slow deep breath and hold it to the count of 15 and do this 3-4 times in succession. It puts enough pressure in the abdominal muscles to help push the stool out without staining and forcing the stool out. I use this method everyday to have bowel movement at the same time and I no longer have anymore constipation problems. Keep taking in dietary fiber up 25-35 grams a day and least 64 oz. a day of water and this will keep your stools soft but formed and this adds bulk to the stool which helps keep your bowels moving regularly. I don't have hemorrhoids so I don't know if this would cause you to feel like you haven't completely emptied your bowels or like fell like you're impacted. I don't think you're impacted because you have mostly formed stool and I don't think that wouldn't be able to go around a large,hard and dried stool stuck in the colon.If you want to be sure your not impacted or obstructed get an x-ray of your large intestine or have a doctor do an rectal exam because if you're impacted most likely the doctor will be able to feel the stool that's in the rectum already. He will most likely manually take the stool out with his hand up your rectum and pull it out. That will be painful.

Closed Thread