It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

ucryan HB User
As personal as it gets

I've never told anyone besides my parents this, but i really need help.

I had ulcerative colitis from the time I was 2 til I was 8 (I had two surgeries and got the j pouch in [not the one out of the stomach, but the man made colon one]). Since then, I have been going to the bathroom 6-8 times a day, I've had watery stool (I don't even remember ever having a solid BM) and I have really bad gas when I use the restroom (as in thunder). I'm going off to college soon and I really need to know if there is anyway I can stop my flatulence as well as reduce the number of times i use the restroom. Today, I just started taking metamucil (I know about 13 years too late) but I still have watery bowel movements (which is probably because it hasn't kicked in yet). It's honestly a really big problem because every time I eat something I run to the restroom. I want to reduce my BM's to 3 times a day and have no thunder at all. Please give me some advice. I really need help.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by ucryan; 05-04-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User
Re: As personal as it gets

Have you tried Imodium? Otherwise, you really need to see a gastro dr. It doesn't seem to me as if you have had much doctors help with this problem for many years, so that would be my first advice. They are the experts and might be able to prescribe something for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
(male)

ucryan HB User

Hey, I haven't tried immodium. And you're right, I haven't actually seen many doctors for my problems. I saw one doctor and he recommended taking fiber, but being the idiot teenager that I was, i didn't listen. I'm going to try and get a doctors appointment within the next month. Also, just an update: I've been taking metamucil since yesterday afternoon. I take it with every meal, so so far I've gone to the bathroom twice today, (I've taken it 4 times since yesterday).

But yeah, I will take your advice and see a doctor.

Thanks,

Any other input is appreciated as well.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

I'm glad the metamucil is working so well. Good luck with getting a dr.'s appointment and with college!

Closed Thread