It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
(male)

JayCarlos HB User
Unhappy stain blood in toilet? not in stool

I always get diarrhea 20 minutes after eating... which Ive gotten used to it but recently i decided to change my diet... one day i noticed i felt really bloated and full with only drinking coffee and bread and at the same time I was constipated which is rare because i barely deal with constipation... that sensation last 4 days and on the 5th day I decided to go to the doctor... the doctor took stool samples and gave me fiber to take it twice daily... a day after taking fiber i started to go to the bathroom but i would force myself a little bit...but my stool were really hard also kind of thick jelly normal color... 3 days after taking the fiber i had diarrhea and I noticed that when i clean myself i saw 1 small blood-stain in toilet paper... I'm wondering if this happens because I was constipated and i forced myself too much other than that I didnt notice any blood in the actual stool... Im still waiting on the result from the doctor.. I would like to know what you think...

Thank you
Jay

Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: stain blood in toilet? not in stool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCarlos View Post
I always get diarrhea 20 minutes after eating... which Ive gotten used to it but recently i decided to change my diet... one day i noticed i felt really bloated and full with only drinking coffee and bread and at the same time I was constipated which is rare because i barely deal with constipation... that sensation last 4 days and on the 5th day I decided to go to the doctor... the doctor took stool samples and gave me fiber to take it twice daily... a day after taking fiber i started to go to the bathroom but i would force myself a little bit...but my stool were really hard also kind of thick jelly normal color... 3 days after taking the fiber i had diarrhea and I noticed that when i clean myself i saw 1 small blood-stain in toilet paper... I'm wondering if this happens because I was constipated and i forced myself too much other than that I didnt notice any blood in the actual stool... Im still waiting on the result from the doctor.. I would like to know what you think...

Thank you
Jay
You may have caused a small tear just inside the rectum. Do not strain or force stool to come out as you can cause anal fissures,hemorrhoids,rectal prolapse,and hernias.When you increase fiber intake you have to increase your water intake to at least 64 oz. a day even with Metamucil and Citrucel. You' re suppose to drink another 8 oz. glass of water immediately after taking the fiber supplement. Eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables,whole grains found in breads and cereals help to add bulk to the stool and also help to retain enough water in the stool so it doesn't become hard and dry making it harder to pass the stool without straining. Making a set time schedule at the same time everyday to sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes to have a bowel movement helps to promote regular daily bowel movements that are soft and formed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread