It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
(female)

pam2738 HB User
Lots of gas & weird poop

I have been having a LOT of gas lately & I mean a LOT & is always feels as I have to go, but when I get to the bathroom & sit down, there's just this big explosion of air & then some splatty type diarrhea/poop. Sometimes the poop amounts to almost nothing but other times it's thin to & it seems to get all over my behind! I had a colonoscopy last year & I was squeaky clean. This is a real problem because when I try to get rid of the gas, I sometimes end up with oozing poop also & it makes planning trips & the like very difficult.

I've eliminated diary & no dice. Sweets also, no dice. I take probiotics but I've been taking them ever since I had Cdiff 4 years ago. I don't like this at ALL!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Lots of gas & weird poop

It sounds like you have irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea. Does the gas cause bloating and severe abdominal cramps ?Keep a diary of what you eat and how your digestive reacts to it and maybe you will make a correlation of what you eat causes so much gas and diarrhea. Taking Metamucil or Citrucel three times a day can help firm up your stools but still retaining enough water in it so your stool doesn't become hard and dried out. Just make sure you drink another 8 oz. glass of water right taking the fiber supplement. You must also increase your daily intake of water to 64 oz. a day and your dietary fiber to 25-30 grams a day.I have Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation alternating with bouts of explosive diarrhea since 1996. I started changing my eating habits ,drinking more water less soda, and changing my bowel habits on March 2,2011 and I have decreased my irritable bowel symptoms by 98%. I no longer have the constipation or the bouts of explosive diarrhea or the severe abdominal cramps. This is my daily morning routine everyday: I eat a bowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed and cinnamon in it ,6 stewed prunes, 8 oz. glass of warmed water with fresh squeezed lemon juice with 1 scoop of Citrucel and 1 tsp. of L-glutamine powder. After I finish my breakfast I go sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes to have a bowel movement at the same time everyday. This keeps me from getting constipated or having diarrhea. I use slow deep breathing exercises alternating with pelvic floor muscle exercises to aid in having a bowel movement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread