It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
(female)

hamstachick HB User
Unhappy Smooth Move tea when can't really go

I've had constipation problems for as far back as I can recall of my adult life. I started going everyday about a year and a half ago. It was great. In March of this year, that stopped. It just stopped. I have no idea why. I am doing the same things as before. In fact, I didn't have to work on it that much, as surprising as that was. I was eating more fiber, though, and I stopped drinking Icees a few months before, and I had been drinking them and pooping.

I started using Smooth Move tea about two weeks ago, due to severe constipation and didn't know what else to try. I have tried black strap molasses, olive oil and lemon, magnesium (and Magnesium Citrate, Natural Calm), lots of fiber, prunes, prune juice, Metamucil fiber wafers, Metamucil Clear&Natural fiber powder, more water, Colace and nothing worked very well (I even tried Zelnorm and Miralax, both of which gave me very weird and scary side effects.).

I wasn't going for several days at a time and that is miserable. Using a small amount of the Smooth Move senna tea has made it to where I could go most every day. That has been a huge burden off my shoulders, as I have been so stressed out about the situation. BUT, there is another stressor concerning taking it everyday. I finally found something that works and is natural but it could be dangerous to take everyday? It's depressing and sad and I shouldn't have to work this hard to just go to the bathroom. It's quite embarrassing too. I have to live my life around whether I go or not. *sigh* I don't know what to do, honestly.

Now, when I drink the tea, I have only steeped it for 5 minutes and only drink about 1/3 to half a cup mixed with about 10 ounces of water. It most always works about 20 to 30 minutes later. I also still do a lot of the above mentioned stuff, so I don't have to take a lot of the tea. I do not have diarrhea but just a regular movement. From what I read on one site, it said that if you keep taking in fiber, etc., there's less of a chance of lazy bowel.

But that is one site. I have read all over the place different reviews of the product, senna and many people are taking Smooth Move every night before bed as their nightly ritual to poop the next day.

What do you all think? This really has me stressed and am torn between pooping now each day vs. tearing up insides.

If you would, keep the scary comments to yourself. Ha. I am already stressed about this situation.
Health Obsessed
Separation anxiety
Generalized anxiety disorder
~~*~BE HERE NOW~*~~
~~*~NAMASTE~*~~

Last edited by hamstachick; 05-26-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Smooth Move tea when can't really go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstachick View Post
I've had constipation problems for as far back as I can recall of my adult life. I started going everyday about a year and a half ago. It was great. In March of this year, that stopped. It just stopped. I have no idea why. I am doing the same things as before. In fact, I didn't have to work on it that much, as surprising as that was. I was eating more fiber, though, and I stopped drinking Icees a few months before, and I had been drinking them and pooping.

I started using Smooth Move tea about two weeks ago, due to severe constipation and didn't know what else to try. I have tried black strap molasses, olive oil and lemon, magnesium (and Magnesium Citrate, Natural Calm), lots of fiber, prunes, prune juice, Metamucil fiber wafers, Metamucil Clear&Natural fiber powder, more water, Colace and nothing worked very well (I even tried Zelnorm and Miralax, both of which gave me very weird and scary side effects.).

I wasn't going for several days at a time and that is miserable. Using a small amount of the Smooth Move senna tea has made it to where I could go most every day. That has been a huge burden off my shoulders, as I have been so stressed out about the situation. BUT, there is another stressor concerning taking it everyday. I finally found something that works and is natural but it could be dangerous to take everyday? It's depressing and sad and I shouldn't have to work this hard to just go to the bathroom. It's quite embarrassing too. I have to live my life around whether I go or not. *sigh* I don't know what to do, honestly.

Now, when I drink the tea, I have only steeped it for 5 minutes and only drink about 1/3 to half a cup mixed with about 10 ounces of water. It most always works about 20 to 30 minutes later. I also still do a lot of the above mentioned stuff, so I don't have to take a lot of the tea. I do not have diarrhea but just a regular movement. From what I read on one site, it said that if you keep taking in fiber, etc., there's less of a chance of lazy bowel.

But that is one site. I have read all over the place different reviews of the product, senna and many people are taking Smooth Move every night before bed as their nightly ritual to poop the next day.

What do you all think? This really has me stressed and am torn between pooping now each day vs. tearing up insides.

If you would, keep the scary comments to yourself. Ha. I am already stressed about this situation.
Try making a set time schedule each day to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. Try for the first two days use a glycerin suppository to soften large hard dry stool.I use only slow deep breathing exercises to have a bowel movement.Take 10 slow deep breaths then on the 11 th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 and do this 4 times in a row then start the 10 slow deep breaths and then on the 11 th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 again 4 times in a row and keep doing this cycle up to 30 minutes until you have a bowel movement.These exercises work and that way you aren't straining and forcing the stool to come out. Eating a meal and drinking a hot beverage help kick in peristalsis in about 20-30 minutes after eating and drinking.Exercising each day helps the stool to move faster down the colon so it doesn't get dried and hard sitting in the colon too long. Drink at least 64 oz. a day of water.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
(female)

hamstachick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Try making a set time schedule each day to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. Try for the first two days use a glycerin suppository to soften large hard dry stool.I use only slow deep breathing exercises to have a bowel movement.Take 10 slow deep breaths then on the 11 th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 and do this 4 times in a row then start the 10 slow deep breaths and then on the 11 th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 again 4 times in a row and keep doing this cycle up to 30 minutes until you have a bowel movement.These exercises work and that way you aren't straining and forcing the stool to come out. Eating a meal and drinking a hot beverage help kick in peristalsis in about 20-30 minutes after eating and drinking.Exercising each day helps the stool to move faster down the colon so it doesn't get dried and hard sitting in the colon too long. Drink at least 64 oz. a day of water.

Thank you on your advice. I have tried sitting on the toilet but it's like the process doesn't seem to even want to start. Ha. You know?

So how bad is your constipation problem for the breathing to work? I work hard on trying to go. Ugh.

I forgot about me taking chia seeds too and load trucks with my husband so I am working out, basically, over an hour a day.
Health Obsessed
Separation anxiety
Generalized anxiety disorder
~~*~BE HERE NOW~*~~
~~*~NAMASTE~*~~

Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
(female)

msmcb HB User

I had substantial issues with bowel movement starting over the summer (with a history of sluggishness in that area) and finally went to a holistic doctor and had my heavy metals tested and find that I have heavy metal toxicity. If you can do it, have yours checked. It can often lead to problems like yours. You want to get to the root of the problem. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
constipation, senna, smooth move, tea