It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

zr7 HB User
Frequent hard stools. Please help, I'm worried there's a problem...

Hi, I am wondering if I have a problem here. I have round, rock hard stool pretty much all the time but the thing is I go several times each day, sometimes anywhere between 3-8 times a day. It starts off a normal amount in the morning. Then I'll go again in the morning and sometimes a third time, after breakfast. All small, hard stools. I'll go after lunch and sometimes I'll go just after drinking some water. Sometimes it feels like I have to but don't or it'll be just one small piece but I always have that urge throughout the day and it is interfering with my life. Even though it is hard the urge is strong, just pressure in my rectum. Sometimes I just smell food and that gastro reflex happens. I guess my digestive track is just extremely slow? Or I am very sensitive in the rectum? I don't know but I'm really worried that I have some kind of partial blockage or something, narrowing of the intenstines...? But I read online symptoms and I don't have them. I just go to the bathroom all day long in small, hard amounts, mostly more in the morning and then it slows down towards night. Sometimes it gets softer than normal, like after the third time in the morning it gets softer and keeps coming out in large amounts and I guess that's my body cleansing itself of the waste, I was told. But anyways I guess I'm just a little worried that this is a problem. I'm scared of fecal impaction but if I am going several times a day every day, it can't be that then, right? I have pain a lot in my rectum but I don't know if it is a hemrhoid or if it's endometriosis. It comes and goes on its own accord. But anyways today I woke up feeling nauseaus a little and I went to the bathroom as normal, several hard stools. At lunch time I had no appetite and I went to the bathroom again and it was still hard, slightly softer and what is probably considered "normal" for most. But I don't like how I had no appetite. I'm just wondering if something is wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
(male)

scaredguyinsac HB User
Re: Frequent hard stools. Please help, I'm worried there's a problem...

What is your diet like?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr7 View Post
Hi, I am wondering if I have a problem here. I have round, rock hard stool pretty much all the time but the thing is I go several times each day, sometimes anywhere between 3-8 times a day. It starts off a normal amount in the morning. Then I'll go again in the morning and sometimes a third time, after breakfast. All small, hard stools. I'll go after lunch and sometimes I'll go just after drinking some water. Sometimes it feels like I have to but don't or it'll be just one small piece but I always have that urge throughout the day and it is interfering with my life. Even though it is hard the urge is strong, just pressure in my rectum. Sometimes I just smell food and that gastro reflex happens. I guess my digestive track is just extremely slow? Or I am very sensitive in the rectum? I don't know but I'm really worried that I have some kind of partial blockage or something, narrowing of the intenstines...? But I read online symptoms and I don't have them. I just go to the bathroom all day long in small, hard amounts, mostly more in the morning and then it slows down towards night. Sometimes it gets softer than normal, like after the third time in the morning it gets softer and keeps coming out in large amounts and I guess that's my body cleansing itself of the waste, I was told. But anyways I guess I'm just a little worried that this is a problem. I'm scared of fecal impaction but if I am going several times a day every day, it can't be that then, right? I have pain a lot in my rectum but I don't know if it is a hemrhoid or if it's endometriosis. It comes and goes on its own accord. But anyways today I woke up feeling nauseaus a little and I went to the bathroom as normal, several hard stools. At lunch time I had no appetite and I went to the bathroom again and it was still hard, slightly softer and what is probably considered "normal" for most. But I don't like how I had no appetite. I'm just wondering if something is wrong.
You're very constipated and the reason you keep having to go have bowel movements several times a day is because there is a lot of hard stool that needs to come out and it only comes in small amounts. You need to start drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day and start increasing your dietary fiber slowly to 25-35 grams a day with a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables,whole grains found in breads and cereals,nuts,and beans of different varieties like kidney,black,pinto,white navy beans,etc. and getting at least 30 minutes a day of exercise to help the stool to move faster down the colon. The longer stool stays in your colon the more dried and hard it becomes because you're not getting enough water into your body and the colon starts taking the water from the stool to keep the colon wet and moist. The longer stool stays in the colon the more toxins build up and later on in life it can possibly become a contributing factor in getting colon and rectal cancer. Also, hard stools are harder to pass through the rectum and out the anus causing you to strain and force the stool out which in turn can hemorrhoids,anal fissures, and rectocele. You don't want to become dependent on using stimulant laxatives to have a bowel movement because then you will get a lazy colon and will no longer get urge to go. If you make time in your morning schedule when you are getting ready for work or school to sit on the toilet at the same time to have a bowel movement then you won't get constipated. If you eat a breakfast with some dietary fat, a hot beverage, cereals with whole grains like wheat or bran,or oatmeal, and a fruit high in fiber content like oranges,plums,pears,prunes,apples,and berries you will help peristalsis kick in about 20-30 minutes after you finish eating breakfast and you will get the urge to have a bowel movement. This is when you should go sit on the toilet. Taking 10 slow deep breaths and then on the 11th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 and slowly release it through pursed lips and do this 3-4 times in a row and then go back to the 10 slow deep breaths. This helps your body to relax and to aid in the stool to come out without straining or forcing it out and you don't need to use any laxatives. I have been doing this for the last 3 months and I no longer have any constipation problems.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
(male)

scaredguyinsac HB User

I'd lookup for foods with insoluble and soluble fiber.

Closed Thread