It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
(male)

gymnast81 HB User
Red face PLEASE HELP!! Pain, gas, abnormal stools

I'm a 30 year old male.. I workout regularly and perform doing gymnastics. So i'm very fit. I've been having right side pain near my lower ribs and radiates up to my mid back. The pain near the rib area can be tender to the touch at times.. With that I have irregular stools that float and color is light brown at times. I also tend to have HORRIBLE foul smelling gas after I eat and thats also when the right side pain starts acting up . I have had a CT scan done and everything appears to be normal. An MRI of my spine and as well as the right side where the pain mainly is at. They found nothing with that. I'm at a loss at this point.. This has been going on for months now..... I really thought it was my gallbladder or gallstones but nothing was found in the CT scan. I don't wanna get another one cuz those are expensive.. Does anyone have these same problems please let me know! thank you

Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP!! Pain, gas, abnormal stools

A Colonoscopy would be the next thing you might consider as this sounds very much like a Bowel Condition.
With some of your symptoms I was found to have DIVERTICULITIS admitedly my pain was on the left side under my ribs.
I also have some of your bowel symptoms but not really sure what the pain on the right side could be especially as your Gallbladder is OK.
If it continues see your Dr. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

What is your diet like? Are you eating a lot of fatty, greasy foods, salad dressings, etc? Pain on the right side especiallly after a fatty meal can be gallbladder trouble. Ultra Sound and HIDA Scan are usually considered the most definitive tests for gallstones(Ultrasound) or gallbladder dysfunction(HIDA) If it is your gallbladder, try to avoid all fats from your diet.

Pain on the right side can also be appendicitis, but I would think the CT scan ruled this out. If I were you, I would go back to the doctor for the Ultrasound and HIDA scan to rule out gallbladder.

It took 2 years for my doctors to diagnose gallbladder disease, I had many missed diagnosis at the ER. Did you go to the ER or your Primary Care Physician? I hope you can get back to the doctor and feel better soon. Good luck.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
(male)

gymnast81 HB User

Thank you for the replies. I am not going to lie I do eat a lot of fatty foods, I've been trying to be better about it, but its not easy. I went to a gastroenolisist or however you spell it for my ct scan.. First he did an endoscopy on me cuz I was having pain in the upper regions, but they found nothing.. Thats when he decieded to do the CT scan of the area that was hurting, which was the lower right side.. I have also had a colonoscopy done back in 2006 and that came back fine as well.. I pray that it is just my diet, if so its will def be a long process, but def up for the challenge Thank you again for the advice

Old 07-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
(male)

gymnast81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
A Colonoscopy would be the next thing you might consider as this sounds very much like a Bowel Condition.
With some of your symptoms I was found to have DIVERTICULITIS admitedly my pain was on the left side under my ribs.
I also have some of your bowel symptoms but not really sure what the pain on the right side could be especially as your Gallbladder is OK.
If it continues see your Dr. Solofelix.
Thank you.. I had a colonoscopy back in 2006 and everything was fine with that.. They said I shouldn't have to have another one.. and honestly don't know if I can put up with another one of those... lol but thank you so much for the advice

Old 07-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
(male)

rutz777 HB User

Dude, I'm so glad I found someone else with my exact same symptoms! I have pain on my right side, terrible smelling gas, floating stools that are different shades, and still no answers!! I'm not a doctor, but I don't think the fatty foods are making your stools float, but the gas in you colon. I read that prolonged exposure to air in the colon is what makes them float. If you find out anything, hit me up!! It's driving me crazy!!

Closed Thread