It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
(male)

bfell HB User
bad pain in abdomen when i breathe in

im only 19 years old and ide say im in pretty decent health, but for the past few days now ive been having a sharp pain everytime i breathe in on my upperleft abdomen, I also have been having wierd BM's like ill go once every couple of days and today i took some stool softeners and i went a whole lot, to the point where when i fart like a mucus that smells horrible comes out. i just one day woke up with this pain i thought it was the way ive been sleeping but it still hurts like i said the pain only happens when i try to breath in deep and t doesnt hurt when i play baseballwhat is it im freaking out!!! i am taking antibotics but thats it.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: bad pain in abdomen when i breathe in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfell View Post
im only 19 years old and ide say im in pretty decent health, but for the past few days now ive been having a sharp pain everytime i breathe in on my upperleft abdomen, I also have been having wierd BM's like ill go once every couple of days and today i took some stool softeners and i went a whole lot, to the point where when i fart like a mucus that smells horrible comes out. i just one day woke up with this pain i thought it was the way ive been sleeping but it still hurts like i said the pain only happens when i try to breath in deep and t doesnt hurt when i play baseballwhat is it im freaking out!!! i am taking antibotics but thats it.
You're constipated. Stool is backed up in your colon that you need to get rid of. Try using a glycerin suppository for two day only . Then increase your water intake and slowly increase your fiber intake over a week. Try taking a brisk walk after meals for about 30 minutes and that should help to kick in peristalsis to give the urge to go sit on the toilet to move your bowels. If you do this everyday after eating it will keep your bowels moving everyday and you get constipated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: bad pain in abdomen when i breathe in

Similar symptoms to yours showed I had Diverticulitis.
I was told that pain in the upper left under the ribs can relate to Diverticulitis.
I also had alternating Diareah/Constipation. A Colonoscopy will reveal if this is the cause.
As you are sport active you could have strained yourself but that would not cause the Bowel Issue. See your Dr if it continues. Solofelix.

Closed Thread