It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
(male)

tuncay HB User
herbal tea cause diarhea?

does anyone know if herbal tea causes diarhea? i have started to drink herbal tea which is also used to burn fat and everytime i have three cups a day of this tea, i have diarhea and when i stop drinking it, i don't go...

Old 07-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: herbal tea cause diarhea?

I have not heard of this. I drink Herbal Tea 3-4 cups per day and have no problem.
I do have Diverticulitis which causes Diareah or Constipation so I dont think its the tea with me.
Perhaps it depends on the flavour of the tea, I drink Peppermint and Ginger tea.
If you find you dont have the problem when you dont drink it then you should leave it off.
You could try another flavour or brand and see what happens. Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
tuncay (07-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User

Certain green and herbal teas have ingredients that can cause a laxative effect. Does urs contain senna leaf by any chance.
I know drinking green lipton tea didnt give me diarrhea but helped me regulate my digestive system but when I switched to a different herbal tea, it caused diarrhea and then I found out it containe senna leaf which is a digestive enhancer and has a laxative effect

Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
(male)

tuncay HB User

I don't have the box on me to look at the ingredients but i don't think it did. It had 6-7 different stuff in it. I asked the lady that sells it today if it is normal that I get diarhea from it and she said it shouldn't happen but it's normal because this tea is reccomended for people that get constipated

Old 07-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User

I dont think you should worry, most herbal teas have a laxative effect as they are meant to cleanse your body and rid it of toxins etc.
Maybe if the diarrhea is really bothering you then cut down to 1 or 2 cups per day instead of 3.
I only have one cup at night after meals/before going to bed and it then I only go to the loo once in the morning.
all the best

Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #6
(male)

tuncay HB User

Thank you

Closed Thread