It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
(female)

tarabug922 HB User
7 day Constipation - No Pain

Hiya all,

It's now the start of day 8 of no bowel movement. This happened to me a couple years back for several months. I would go for ten days and be in unbearable pain, go to the ER get treated then go another ten days and so on. This time, though it's been 8 days and I have no pain. I can pass gas so I don't think it's an obstruction.

Any thoughts on what you would do if you were me?

Love and Hugs,
Tara

P.S. Back in 2008 when this happened before the doctors ended up saying it was psychosomatic. It eventually cleared up on its own so I suppose it was. What do I do if it is psychosomatic? How do you fight something of the mind?

P.P.S. Four days ago I had leakage. Meaning watery stool was in my panties when I went to the bathroom. It wasn't a lot and it didn't coincide with passing gas or anything, just leaked out...

Last edited by tarabug922; 08-04-2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: add the P.P.S.

The Following User Says Thank You to tarabug922 For This Useful Post:
franknc (06-17-2012)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: 7 day Constipation - No Pain

Did you ever have a Colonoscopy to see what is going on.
Do you eat a lot of Fibre, a lot of people don't realise you can have too much and then you become constipated.
You could try adding Figs-dried or fresh to your diet also Prunes/Prune Juice. Drink plenty of fluids.
Any change in bowel habit should be investigated so see your Dr again.
Wishing you well, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
tarabug922 (08-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabug922 View Post
Hiya all,

It's now the start of day 8 of no bowel movement. This happened to me a couple years back for several months. I would go for ten days and be in unbearable pain, go to the ER get treated then go another ten days and so on. This time, though it's been 8 days and I have no pain. I can pass gas so I don't think it's an obstruction.

Any thoughts on what you would do if you were me?

Love and Hugs,
Tara

P.S. Back in 2008 when this happened before the doctors ended up saying it was psychosomatic. It eventually cleared up on its own so I suppose it was. What do I do if it is psychosomatic? How do you fight something of the mind?

P.P.S. Four days ago I had leakage. Meaning watery stool was in my panties when I went to the bathroom. It wasn't a lot and it didn't coincide with passing gas or anything, just leaked out...
You can try using a glycerin suppository to soften the stool that is just inside your rectum. This can take any where from 20-60 minutes to work if the stool is very hard and dried out. If this doesn't work than try an oil based enema. You can also Citrate of Magnesium. You may want to put a lot of vaseline around the anus and just inside the rectum to help the stool to come out easier. You really shouldn't go more than three days in a row without having a bowel movement. By the end of the third day you should start drinking warmed prune juice and eat 6 stewed prunes and repeat this at breakfast the next morning and try taking a 30 minute walk after you eat breakfast as this should help peristalsis to start to kick in. I hope you feel better soon !

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
tarabug922 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
(female)

Brenda Jean HB User

Did you finally get any relief? If so, what did you do and how are you? I am having a similar proglem and that is why I am inquiring. Thank you.

Closed Thread