It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
(female)

LindseyFJ HB User
Unknown Bowel Problem..

Hello I am a 23 year old female. For the past month and a half I have had an unusual sudden change in my bowel movements and my stomach. When I wake up every morning I usually have a bowel movement which is very soft and mustard in color. After a bowel movement I get an upset stomach and when I try to eat I can hardly eat because I feel nauseated. This usually lasts about half the day. Then if I eat dinner i feel okay. My symptoms are usually relieved after burping or passing gas. Sometimes I wake up through the night with an upset stomach. I am not really having any pain, every now and then I get a cramping kind of pain in my abdomen and it's not usually localized in one specific spot. The cramps move around. I saw my doctor he ordered basic labs, which nothing appeared abnormal. H-pylori was negative. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist in 1 week but I am getting so impatient with this and I need help! If anyone has any suggestions or any advice I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Old 08-22-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Unknown Bowel Problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyFJ View Post
Hello I am a 23 year old female. For the past month and a half I have had an unusual sudden change in my bowel movements and my stomach. When I wake up every morning I usually have a bowel movement which is very soft and mustard in color. After a bowel movement I get an upset stomach and when I try to eat I can hardly eat because I feel nauseated. This usually lasts about half the day. Then if I eat dinner i feel okay. My symptoms are usually relieved after burping or passing gas. Sometimes I wake up through the night with an upset stomach. I am not really having any pain, every now and then I get a cramping kind of pain in my abdomen and it's not usually localized in one specific spot. The cramps move around. I saw my doctor he ordered basic labs, which nothing appeared abnormal. H-pylori was negative. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist in 1 week but I am getting so impatient with this and I need help! If anyone has any suggestions or any advice I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Sounds like IBS. Have you had a COLONOSCOPY, a change in bowel movement should be investigated.
Hope you get an answer when you see your GI dr. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

LindseyFJ HB User

Okay so the GI doctor says it sounds like IBS. Since the last time I posted I did stool samples for parasites and bacteria which everything came back normal. And I also had a complete abdominal ultrasound and everything came back normal on that too. I have a follow up appointment with my GI doctor next Friday so we will see what she wants to do from here, hopefully not a colonoscopy . The past two weeks I have felt alot better, I still have issues with my stool but I can at least eat now and I don't have much nausea anymore..

Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
(female)

LindseyFJ HB User

I now have an endoscopy scheduled Wednesday. I am very scared and I don't know what to expect. My symptoms have seemed to ease up a little and when I get an upset stomach I eat peppermint. Which seems to help alot. Still not sure if it's IBS or another problem in my stomach. I had a blood test for celiac, which seemed to come back negative. Hopefully my endoscopy goes smoothly I am extremely nervous and scared...

Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyFJ View Post
I now have an endoscopy scheduled Wednesday. I am very scared and I don't know what to expect. My symptoms have seemed to ease up a little and when I get an upset stomach I eat peppermint. Which seems to help alot. Still not sure if it's IBS or another problem in my stomach. I had a blood test for celiac, which seemed to come back negative. Hopefully my endoscopy goes smoothly I am extremely nervous and scared...

Hi Lindsey,
Good luck for Wed, dont worry its no problem. I have had two and had no
trouble with either.
You will be sedated and you wont remember it at all.
I asked for maximum sedation as I was like you the first time, really scared.
It dosent take very long to do, and when I came round I felt fine, just some wind which soon went. Let us know how things go and all the best. Solofelix.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
(female)

LindseyFJ HB User

So I did an endoscopy.. Dr found that I have a small hiatal hernia and I have mild acid reflux with esophagitis. Thank you solofelix for your support. I have a follow up appointment with my Dr on November 11. I am not sure what she will recommend, I will keep my posts updated.

Last edited by LindseyFJ; 10-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Lindsey,
Pleased to hear all went well with the Endoscopy. Just a tip for you. Eat small meals and often and nothing three hours before bedtime (It does help) I will look out for your follow update in Nov.
All the best, Solofelix.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #8
(female)

LindseyFJ HB User

November update- I saw my GI doctor which she prescribed me Prilosec. I've been taking it on a daily basis and I do feel that it has helped and i have learned to eat smaller meals. Although on thanksgiving I ate a huge meal and I seemed to have all my problems come back suddenly. I felt so full and bloated for a couple days after my big meal, and the nausea and fatigue and belly cramps were back. I made another appointment with my GI doctor although its not till January. (she is a very busy Dr.) I am concerned now that it is my gallbladder, I am still having the yellow stools and sometimes green. I don't really notice any severe pain located on one side but I do sometimes feel small pains or cramps on my right side. Sometimes I have them on my left side also. A couple days ago I had what seemed to be severe gas, which was causing my belly to cramp. After a few days it resolved although I still have the chronic nausea. I'm confused whether this is IBS or my gallbladder! I had questioned my doctor a couple weeks ago why my stool was yellow and she says not to worry my labs were all fine.. I'm thinking a sudden onset of yellow stool is NOT normal, which has persisted for 6 months..

Closed Thread