It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

shemarg HB User
stool impacted and feel likeim in labor

three months of going to er rooms, my dr. and have an appt with gi in sept, i feel like im in labor, its awful, im a small person so i can see my stomach distended and feel the awful stuff, im taking miralax now, sixth day and im getting some out, but the impaction doesnt seem to be moving, im taking stool softners and exlax, i think what is coming out is some of the scraping around it ,it looks like but it feels like a baby resting on my abdomen, has anyone else had an impaction like this and why do they make us wait so long to get it out, when the doctors can get it out in no time, as opposed to us sitting in pain for monts ive been going to er rooms getting xrays, blood work, and ct scan, i am impacted and they keep releasing me saying constipation on my paperwork, not impacted my poor little tumy is so hard it feels like its going to explode, i have had to double up on my pain meds to help with the pain, and its awful. should i double up on the miralax, seemsi have to be my own doctor as my primary isnt any help, i have to find a new doctor hard to find a good one

Old 09-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
(male)

Paininass HB User
Re: stool impacted and feel likeim in labor

Hey, I'm sorry to hear and I know what it's like to feel like you're giving birth during a BM. Cold Sweats beating on your forehead, turd just stuck there while your stomach is contracting. It sucks really bad.
I don't know you or your habits, but I would take a look at what you're eating. 15 years ago, I was eating Nabisco Products by the package and was binding myself up and this is what started my birthing poops and led to years of my insides coming out my hole. I finally had 3 large Internal Hemoroids removed 6 months ago and lucky to feel like I can live a normal life again.
If the damage hasn't been done yet, you gotta look at your diet and just try cutting out Breads, Cheeses, Large servings of Meat, or anything else that binds you up. Metimucial can be your friend as you can mix up a glass real quick and drink it when you eat these types of foods.
But if you can figure out why you're getting bound up, and if it's food related, you can avoid years of misery and major surgery later on in life.
Just adding laxatives may not do the trick, take a look and see if you're diet is causing your blockages.
I'm not a know it all, but I know what I did wrong when I was younger and paid the price.
Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread