It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #46
(female)

ang4 HB User
Re: Anal sphincter repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl43 View Post
Ang4, I would SO not want to wait until next year. Get it over with and get onto healing and looking forward is my advice. But that's just me. I had the surgery last year, end of October. Mid-December I was back at work fulltime again. So I don't really see what you're waiting for... I didn't have a colostomy though. As far as I've heard that is no longer necessary for this surgery and can just give added complications. They used to do colostomies as a standard procedure, but recent research has found out that it is unnecessary so no one really gets colostomies anymore with this surgery. I wish you luck in any case!
Hi Babygirl,

Im having this done next year as that is my appointment to see my surgeon I do not make the appointments I have clinical depression now due to nobody listening for months while I have been asking for help.

The following user gives a hug of support to ang4:
sjb (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #47
(female)

ang4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang4 View Post
Hi Babygirl,

Im having this done next year as that is my appointment to see my surgeon I do not make the appointments I have clinical depression now due to nobody listening for months while I have been asking for help.
Babygirl,

I have read that too that a stoma is not necessary which makes me more angry I do not want one at all what is it proving my having one:mad the whole thing has give me severe depression I now talk rubbbish fainting cannot sleep been ingnored extreme anger answering a conversation that was never said my list goes go all because nobody wants to help me

The following user gives a hug of support to ang4:
sjb (10-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #48
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

Ang4, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope time goes quickly for you so you can get the surgery over with. Can you talk to your surgeon one more time and ask him not to do a colostomy? Hang in there, don't let this break you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Babygirl43 For This Useful Post:
ang4 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #49
(female)

ang4 HB User

Quote:
Ang4, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope time goes quickly for you so you can get the surgery over with. Can you talk to your surgeon one more time and ask him not to do a colostomy? Hang in there, don't let this break you!
Hi babygirl,

I have no date for surgery in fact I have not seen my surgeon for months dates keep changing he will not do surgery without the bag.

I have been fainting alot and talking my brain is shutting down Im scared this has been awful and made me ill

Old 10-31-2011, 03:14 AM   #50
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

Maybe you should phone his office with all the questions you might have? When is the date for your surgery, January? Otherwise you could find another surgeon, but most likely you won't get surgery earlier than January anyway. But they might do it without a bag. If this is a good surgeon and there are no other options for you, and he insists on the bag, that's what you should go with. I know a lady who had this done with a bag, and as far as I know she is doing very well now. This was in the '90s when they still used colostomies with this surgery. Come here for support, if you feel bad. Otherwise, remember you situation will most likely only get better after surgery. Big hug to you!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:49 AM   #51
(female)

ang4 HB User

Quote:
Maybe you should phone his office with all the questions you might have? When is the date for your surgery, January? Otherwise you could find another surgeon, but most likely you won't get surgery earlier than January anyway. But they might do it without a bag. If this is a good surgeon and there are no other options for you, and he insists on the bag, that's what you should go with. I know a lady who had this done with a bag, and as far as I know she is doing very well now. This was in the '90s when they still used colostomies with this surgery. Come here for support, if you feel bad. Otherwise, remember you situation will most likely only get better after surgery. Big hug to you!
hi babygirl,

Thanks for the hugs my surgeon is a professor so he must be the best he said success rate for this is 50/60 this is not good at all this terrifies me so much.

How was your surgery? how well are you fixed?

I have no date for surgery the bag scares me so much

Last edited by ang4; 10-31-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:54 AM   #52
(female)

Hi. A professor sounds good. My surgery was 1 year ago and I'm doing really well. Still not as before but I live a totally normal life and can hold it for a while before having to go. I do kegels every day, this is very important in order to strengthen the muscles. It has taken me a year to get this far and it will take me another year to get even better control. I know that there are quite a few women on this forum with bad results, but I think there are many more women out there with good results. It will most likely be better than how you have it now anyway. It won't be 100% in the beginning, it can take up to 1-2 years of doing kegels before you get satisfactory results. I did notice a difference for the better immediately after surgery, but just not satisfactory. Now I can say that it is satisfactory. Maybe you should phone the dr.s office and ask when you will get your operation date? I helps no one to be a "good girl", the more you phone them the more likely it is that they will help you. Or do you have an appointment in January and will they set up a date then? Have you got anyone to talk to, like a general practitioner in the meantime?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #53
(female)

ang4 HB User

Quote:
Hi. A professor sounds good. My surgery was 1 year ago and I'm doing really well. Still not as before but I live a totally normal life and can hold it for a while before having to go. I do kegels every day, this is very important in order to strengthen the muscles. It has taken me a year to get this far and it will take me another year to get even better control. I know that there are quite a few women on this forum with bad results, but I think there are many more women out there with good results. It will most likely be better than how you have it now anyway. It won't be 100% in the beginning, it can take up to 1-2 years of doing kegels before you get satisfactory results. I did notice a difference for the better immediately after surgery, but just not satisfactory. Now I can say that it is satisfactory. Maybe you should phone the dr.s office and ask when you will get your operation date? I helps no one to be a "good girl", the more you phone them the more likely it is that they will help you. Or do you have an appointment in January and will they set up a date then? Have you got anyone to talk to, like a general practitioner in the meantime?
hi babygirl yes I have an appointment is January then a pre - op taking bloods 2 weeks prior to surgery I will have a date then.

My GP is rubbish I have written essay how I feel and why I have been refused help by the surgery so im going in armed and dangerous, why are bags no longer used? maybe it does not prove that the surgery will work any better is this why?

I agree there are alot of failed surgeries out there I only live in hope, a professor sounds good though.

Great your doing so well will keep posting

Closed Thread