It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
(male)

VKAPAD HB User
Returning hard painful lump on inside of butt cheeks.

Hello, I am hoping someone here can help me figure out what these lumps are that I keep getting. I started getting them about 2 years ago now. The lumps are on the inside of my butt cheeks although it's usually only on one or the other, rarely both at the same time. The lumps are about the size of a quarter and elliptical. When they first begin to form they aren't really painful but I can feel them coming on like a zit. When they reach their peak they are very painful and make it extremely difficult to sit and even to walk or go from a prone to standing position.

After about a week, the lumps will drain spontaneously(usually while I am using the bathroom). The day after they drain the pain goes away completely and they begin to heal, but usually before it fully heals it becomes enlarged again and the whole process starts over. One time, the pain was so unbearable that I actually drained it myself with a sterilized needle. I noticed that there was a discharge of blood and a grey liquid which smelt absolutely vile(one of the worst smells I have ever smelt).

I honestly don't remember the last time I went a whole 2 weeks pain free.

If anyone knows what this may be please let me know, thank you!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Returning hard painful lump on inside of butt cheeks.

Perianal abscess. Luckily your seem to drain on their own, but they keep coming back.

Go to a doctor. He or she will drain the abscess fully and disinfect and pack it to help prevent the infection from returning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I agree as well that it's an abscess, but I I'm strongly concerned you are developing fistulas as well.
Reasons being....they come, burst and come back multiple places, and you've never seen a doctor.

Do you have other issues such as Crohn's disease or Ulcerative colitis?

q

Last edited by quincy; 09-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

I also was thinking fistulas as you say when they drain they smell so bad. Fistulas do have a horrid oder when they drain.You should have your doctor check this out for you.

Closed Thread