It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

shemarg HB User
Red face miralax and backed up bowels

i saw the doctor been like this for four months waiting to see gi on tuesday, been to er rooms, finally got miralax prescrbed to clean me out, i was on it for ten days tablespoon every day, started feeling too bloated and felt like i was retaining water, but i was taking stool softeners too could it be i was taking too much of both the colace dolsat, however its spelled and the miralax together was too much, cause i took half a dose this morning, cant stand this feeling of constipation, does anyone else get water retention

Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User
Re: miralax and backed up bowels

I get extremely bloated from taking any type of laxative/stool softener including Miralax. Plus the Miralax takes 3-4 days to work for me. Anything stronger works but gives me terrible pain/bloating for a week afterwards. I know how you feel but don't have any good advice. I've had this problem for years.

The Following User Says Thank You to Piano0105 For This Useful Post:
shemarg (09-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
(female)

shemarg HB User

yes i was bloated really bad yesterday and in pain but the night came and i released all the gas that was hurting in my stomach, i have been so back up since june and going back and forth to er rooms, and tomorro i get to see the gi finally. i cant stand being like this, i dont know how anyone can get used to it, ive been crying and grumpy really nasty and in pain, mad at the world because a lot of people dont even know what im going through, like my daughters like im just a little constipated, they just dont get it. i want to be normal again, i used to get up early and take off power walking, now im in the bathroom struggling and sometimes im so distressed i cant walk anymore, i feel like my life is gone to ****. excuse the word, but that is how i feel, hopefully i can get the gi to listen to me, most doctors act like its nothing, its life altering.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemarg View Post
i saw the doctor been like this for four months waiting to see gi on tuesday, been to er rooms, finally got miralax prescrbed to clean me out, i was on it for ten days tablespoon every day, started feeling too bloated and felt like i was retaining water, but i was taking stool softeners too could it be i was taking too much of both the colace dolsat, however its spelled and the miralax together was too much, cause i took half a dose this morning, cant stand this feeling of constipation, does anyone else get water retention
Try drinking more water to help keep the stool moving along down the colon. If the miralax hasn't worked in 3-4 days of taking it then try using a glycerin suppository to soften the stool that's in your rectum now that is probably too dry and hard to pass with miralax. The suppository can take up to 1 hour to work. If that isn't working then you might consider taking and oil based enema.
The only way I can prevent myself from getting constipated anymore is to sit on the toilet every day for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises to relax all my muscles so I can have a pain free bowel movement. I went on high fiber diet and drink lots of water. I also take Citrucel twice a day to help keep my bowel movements soft,formed and keep my bowels moving everyday. I can't even skip one day of sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes or my bowel movement is large and hard the next day and it makes it very painful to pass. This the only thing that keeps my bowels moving !!

Closed Thread