It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
(male)

badposturrrrre HB User
Can't pass any stools...

I've been experience stomach cramps and constant gurgling noises for the past 2 weeks. The doctor gave me a blood test which came back normal and just told me I may have IBS, no other tests were done... first few days of this I had soft stools with lots of food particles in it. Now it's harder to past stools, very hard... so I'm not sure if that's what I really have or not...

A few days ago I notice it was harder to poop and I actually had red blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. I was only able to go this morning because I had herbs to help me out last night (atleast I think that's why). It came out liquidy. I had the same herbs this morning but the whole day I was unable to go. I am only able to wipe it off my anus and see that it is pretty black which is scaring me. Later on in the day like right now, I feel like I have to go, but everytime I can't! Nothing comes out except the little bit when I wipe, and its black! When I fart too, it feels different, it doesn't come out as freely, like it's being blocked partially by something. Is is possible that I'm bleeding from somewhere up higher in the intestines? Can a hemmeroid that close to the opening cause my stools to be all black like that?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
(female)

katoomba HB User
Re: Can't pass any stools...

Hi, It sounds to me that you need to have further investigation done.Also plenty of fibre and a probiotic like yakult may help you, i also have been making fresh fruit and veg juice everyday that keeps the bowels working like a treat.So you could try these and see if they help get you regular. So i would get back to your Dr and get it sorted there are so many things that it could be. Best wishes to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to katoomba For This Useful Post:
beccablob (09-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
(female)

beccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB Userbeccablob HB User

Definitely go back to the docs and demand further investigation. This must be very uncomfortable for you.

I agree with Katoomba, that there are preparations and herbal remedies out there that may,'unbind' you, as such. One medication you can get from the docs is dulcolax, (think that's how it is spelled). It comes as a liquid which you swallow, drops that you put on your tongue, or you can get suppositories of the same name from the chemist. I have found the oral methods the best for me, but everyone is different.

If you are on certain medications, they can constipate you as well. I am told it is quite a common side effect. I suffer constipation due to medications I take and I battle it with the generous use psyllyum, (again, spelling), husks and whole linseeds. I mix them together in an air tight jar and then sprinkle about a tablespoon over my breakfast cereal. It's a bit yucky at first, because the husks tend to turn into jelly once liquid hits them, but hey!, no more probs in the poo department..unless I forget to put them on my cereal that is...then look out!

I hope that you can get the issue sorted out quickly and I wish you all the best.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by badposturrrrre View Post
I've been experience stomach cramps and constant gurgling noises for the past 2 weeks. The doctor gave me a blood test which came back normal and just told me I may have IBS, no other tests were done... first few days of this I had soft stools with lots of food particles in it. Now it's harder to past stools, very hard... so I'm not sure if that's what I really have or not...

A few days ago I notice it was harder to poop and I actually had red blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. I was only able to go this morning because I had herbs to help me out last night (atleast I think that's why). It came out liquidy. I had the same herbs this morning but the whole day I was unable to go. I am only able to wipe it off my anus and see that it is pretty black which is scaring me. Later on in the day like right now, I feel like I have to go, but everytime I can't! Nothing comes out except the little bit when I wipe, and its black! When I fart too, it feels different, it doesn't come out as freely, like it's being blocked partially by something. Is is possible that I'm bleeding from somewhere up higher in the intestines? Can a hemmeroid that close to the opening cause my stools to be all black like that?

It's possible the Herbs (whatever they are) are causing the dark stools.
I would leave them of and try Figs (fresh or dried) and prunes/prune juice and plenty of fluids.
IBS can cause the feeling of wanting to go but cant.
If no improvement ask your Dr to send you for a Colonoscopy. Changes in Bowel symptoms should be investigated.
Hope this helps and all the best, Solofelix.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:

I have had constipation problems all my life so I understand what you're going through.The blood can be from straining so hard to push out the hard stool that it causes a small tear just inside the rectum. It feels like a knife cutting me up inside when I have to excessively strain to pass hard dry stools and sometimes I get blood on the toilet paper too. Liquidy stools after taking a laxative can possibly mean that it's going around a much larger and harder stool that you haven't been able to pass. Try using a glycerin suppository to soften the hard stool to make it easier to pass . This can take as little as 20 minutes to work or as long as a hour to work. If this doesn't work then try a saline enema.
The only thing that has actually worked for me to move my bowels every day is to go on a high fiber and drink 64 oz. a day of water, I make my self sit on the toilet for 30 minutes every day at the same time to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises because it not only relaxes my mind but also relaxes all my muscles which allows me to have a pain free bowel movement. I can't even skip one day because if I do then the next day my stools are large,hard and dry and makes it very painful to go. I also take Citrucel twice a day which helps keep my stool soft and helps keep my bowels moving on a every day basis.
The longer your stool stays in the colon the more it becomes dry and hard because the colon takes moisture out of the stool to keep itself well lubricated. That's why it's so important to drink lots of water and make sure you move your bowels on a regular basis. Also, the longer the stool stays in the colon the more bacteria and toxins build-up which end up being absorbed back into the colon which can lead to colon cancer later on in life.
I hate having to think about when I moved my bowels last everyday and wish I could just go like everyone else. Unfortunately for me I have to keep track of when I moved my bowels last or I pay the awful painful price the next day . I hope this will help you in some way.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:

I have had constipation problems all my life so I understand what you're going through.The blood can be from straining so hard to push out the hard stool that it causes a small tear just inside the rectum. It feels like a knife cutting me up inside when I have to excessively strain to pass hard dry stools and sometimes I get blood on the toilet paper too. Liquidy stools after taking a laxative can possibly mean that it's going around a much larger and harder stool that you haven't been able to pass. Try using a glycerin suppository to soften the hard stool to make it easier to pass . This can take as little as 20 minutes to work or as long as a hour to work. If this doesn't work then try a saline enema.
The only thing that has actually worked for me to move my bowels every day is to go on a high fiber and drink 64 oz. a day of water, I make my self sit on the toilet for 30 minutes every day at the same time to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises because it not only relaxes my mind but also relaxes all my muscles which allows me to have a pain free bowel movement. I can't even skip one day because if I do then the next day my stools are large,hard and dry and makes it very painful to go. I also take Citrucel twice a day which helps keep my stool soft and helps keep my bowels moving on a every day basis.
The longer your stool stays in the colon the more it becomes dry and hard because the colon takes moisture out of the stool to keep itself well lubricated. That's why it's so important to drink lots of water and make sure you move your bowels on a regular basis. Also, the longer the stool stays in the colon the more bacteria and toxins build-up which end up being absorbed back into the colon which can lead to colon cancer later on in life.
I hate having to think about when I moved my bowels last everyday and wish I could just go like everyone else. Unfortunately for me I have to keep track of when I moved my bowels last or I pay the awful painful price the next day . I hope this will help you in some way.

The following user gives a hug of support to flipfleury:
sweetred22 (11-28-2011)
Old 11-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Smile Re: Can't pass any stools...

Quote:

I have had bowel problems for years. I finally had to change my diet. I found out that dairy products was causing most of my problem. I am now taking miralax, I did this daily for two weeks, now I am going every day. I was told by my doctor that I could take this one daily. it took almost a week before it even started working. I was soooooooooooo scared when I couldn't even go to the bathroom, then I found out that the new heart medication they put me on was causing my bowel (not just the dairy products, like ice cream) problem.

I agree with everyone esle you need to go back to the doctor and get this problem fixed.

hugs
Daisy

Closed Thread