It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
(male)

bobbyddub HB User
Unhappy stool changes/stomach pain/general weakness

I've had problems with my stool for over 6 months now. I've been going #2 anywhere between 4-9 times per day when before I would approx. 1-3 times per day. It's occasionally green, usually loose, sometimes it comes out in little clumps and sometimes it's larger logs. It always seems to be "flakey" or "fuzzy" like the kind of fuzz one gets on ones socks. I have to strain frequently, sometimes it hurts and blood will show on the tissue. I've even been getting trouble at work for the amount of time I spend away from my desk using the restroom.

I also have gas frequently now, which I never had an issue with before. I also get an occasional rumbling pain in my stomach, sometimes it's easy enough to handle and get through the day - on some days it's floored me to where I couldn't even get out of bed and go to work. I've also been exhausted, tired, and weak lately, like my energy has been zapped out of me. No matter how much sleep or rest I get, I'm always weak and drowsy.

I have been to 2 doctors- I've had a colonoscopy (they found a benign polyp and an internal hemorrhoid). I've had an x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, blood tests and fecal tests for giardia and other diseases and viruses - all coming back negative. The blood tests and fecal tests were run twice.

At about 5 months in, after doing some research I cut out dairy, eggs and gluten from my diet...it hasn't helped at all so far.

Has anyone else gone through this? What did you do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
(male)

bobbyddub HB User
Re: stool changes/stomach pain/general weakness

is anyone able to help me?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

dianajune HB Userdianajune HB Userdianajune HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyddub View Post
I've had problems with my stool for over 6 months now. I've been going #2 anywhere between 4-9 times per day when before I would approx. 1-3 times per day. It's occasionally green, usually loose, sometimes it comes out in little clumps and sometimes it's larger logs. It always seems to be "flakey" or "fuzzy" like the kind of fuzz one gets on ones socks. I have to strain frequently, sometimes it hurts and blood will show on the tissue. I've even been getting trouble at work for the amount of time I spend away from my desk using the restroom.

I also have gas frequently now, which I never had an issue with before. I also get an occasional rumbling pain in my stomach, sometimes it's easy enough to handle and get through the day - on some days it's floored me to where I couldn't even get out of bed and go to work. I've also been exhausted, tired, and weak lately, like my energy has been zapped out of me. No matter how much sleep or rest I get, I'm always weak and drowsy.

I have been to 2 doctors- I've had a colonoscopy (they found a benign polyp and an internal hemorrhoid). I've had an x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, blood tests and fecal tests for giardia and other diseases and viruses - all coming back negative. The blood tests and fecal tests were run twice.

At about 5 months in, after doing some research I cut out dairy, eggs and gluten from my diet...it hasn't helped at all so far.

It sounds like you might have irritable bowel syndrome. With IBS, the appearance of stools can change, including the shape and color. With regard to color changes, maybe that's because of something you ate?

I'm going through a rough time too as my stools are mostly flat now. I'm concerned about why and will talk about it with my primary care physician later this week. I don't know if it's IBS-related or not.

Have you seen a gastroenterologist? You didn't specify what kind of doctors you saw. If so, ask if you have IBS and what to do about these symptoms.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
(male)

kubla17 HB User

you may noot believe this but Im battling a similar condition and the only thing I can say that helps me is 2oz twice daily,of Aloe vera juice ,full leaf in fruit juice...kept me out of the e.r. so far...buy it by the litre or gallon at health food stores

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyddub View Post

The internal hemorrhoid maybe causing some of the blood but also straining to force stool out will do that too. Did the doctor say anything about the possibility it could be irritable bowel syndrome with alternating between constipation and diarrhea ? A lot of your symptoms sound like IBS. Try staying away from spicy,acidic,gassy foods as they tend to cause the most problems. When I can't pass gas it's usually because I need to have a bowel movement and that relieves the pain and pressure ,bloating. Constipation usually causes gas to build-up because it can release around the stool that's blocking it. Instead of straining and forcing stool try doing slow deep breathing as it helps to relax all your muscles so stool can pass easier. I take Citrucel twice a day as it helps add bulk to the stool and keep it soft and it also helps your colon from going into spasms ( the abdominal pain you may get before and after you have a bowel movement.) Take probiotics twice a day as it helps with slowing down the colon spasms.

Closed Thread