It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

TLC01 HB User
Question about diverticulitis...

Hi all,
I was diagnosed as having diverticulosis via scope. On Sunday I had crampring pain all over my abdomen no diarrhea at the beginning but now (5 days later) I have loose stools. I went to the ER the day I had the cramping pain because I passed out after going to pee. At the hospital they were more concern about my heart but that is okay. The blood work showed my white blood cell count slightly elevated and the urine had some blood (microscopic) The Dr. doesn't think it was a diverticulitis attack because my pain wasn't really on my left side but all over, the pelvic and pubic area mainly, but now I have pain all over my abdomen including the left side.

The ER Doctor didn't want to prescribed anything since she believed it was a bug or something that will go away quickly, yesterday i went to my clinic and saw a nurse practitioner, my urine is still showing traces of blood but again, she just said to see my family Dr. on Monday.
I am concerned of course, but I haven's had fever or vomiting, just the pain which has decreased but I still have loose stools.

I would appreciate if anyone that has diverticulosis or has experience a diverticulitis attack could please let me know if fever and vomiting go hand in hand with this or just pain and loose stool could be considered diverticulitis...

Thanks so much in advance for any reply.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
(female)

uknicnac HB User
Re: Question about diverticulitis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC01 View Post
Hi all,
I was diagnosed as having diverticulosis via scope. On Sunday I had crampring pain all over my abdomen no diarrhea at the beginning but now (5 days later) I have loose stools. I went to the ER the day I had the cramping pain because I passed out after going to pee. At the hospital they were more concern about my heart but that is okay. The blood work showed my white blood cell count slightly elevated and the urine had some blood (microscopic) The Dr. doesn't think it was a diverticulitis attack because my pain wasn't really on my left side but all over, the pelvic and pubic area mainly, but now I have pain all over my abdomen including the left side.

The ER Doctor didn't want to prescribed anything since she believed it was a bug or something that will go away quickly, yesterday i went to my clinic and saw a nurse practitioner, my urine is still showing traces of blood but again, she just said to see my family Dr. on Monday.
I am concerned of course, but I haven's had fever or vomiting, just the pain which has decreased but I still have loose stools.

I would appreciate if anyone that has diverticulosis or has experience a diverticulitis attack could please let me know if fever and vomiting go hand in hand with this or just pain and loose stool could be considered diverticulitis...

Thanks so much in advance for any reply.
Hi

Just wanted to say that i was diagnosed with diverticulitis after a virtual colonoscopy, like yourself i never had a fever, had terrible stomach pains for 8 weeks went to my gp who thought it was acid reflux hence thats why paid to have virtual colonoscopy also i have had minute blood in urine for past 3 years which was only noticesd when nurse done dip stick test i also have loose stools and sometimes constipation my pain was never really on left side more all over in past week i have had a sigmoid colonscopy which proved very uncomfortable due to tortureros colon! and a cystocopy for blood in urine, all was ok thank god.

stay positive and best wishes

uknicnac

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
(female)

TLC01 HB User
Re: Question about diverticulitis...

Thanks for your reply, one has to wonder how long have we been living with these things like blood in the urine or diverticula and we just find out because either we have problems or the doctors decide to test, usually during my annual physical, my Dr. never tests my urine and now I am wondering if this was a problem that has been brewing and just now I am not feeling well. Good luck to you to!

The following user gives a hug of support to TLC01:
uknicnac (10-28-2011)
Closed Thread