It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
(female)

CocoAlana HB User
Unhappy Sore stomach, can't go to the toilet. Please help. :(

I recently had diarrhea and I was going alot until I got anti biotics for my diarrhea, now it's over. It has been 3 days since I have been to the toilet and everyday I get sore stomaches and I keep feeling like I need to go, but when I get there i can't. I have my periods at the moment and I also have bad period pain so I can't tell which stomach ache it is, but I know I need to go bit everytime I go to the toilet air just comes out and I can't go. My bum may be swollen from the diarreha because it was sore at the time but its not sore anymore but it could still be swollen. Do you know what may be wrong with me? I'm just in alot of pain everyday and I want it to be over with.
I hope this makes sense and thank you for taking your time to help me.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Sore stomach, can't go to the toilet. Please help. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoAlana View Post
I recently had diarrhea and I was going alot until I got anti biotics for my diarrhea, now it's over. It has been 3 days since I have been to the toilet and everyday I get sore stomaches and I keep feeling like I need to go, but when I get there i can't. I have my periods at the moment and I also have bad period pain so I can't tell which stomach ache it is, but I know I need to go bit everytime I go to the toilet air just comes out and I can't go. My bum may be swollen from the diarreha because it was sore at the time but its not sore anymore but it could still be swollen. Do you know what may be wrong with me? I'm just in alot of pain everyday and I want it to be over with.
I hope this makes sense and thank you for taking your time to help me.
The antibiotics you're on maybe causing constipation or your colon doesn't have enough stool in it yet to produce a bowel movement. Sometimes our hormones can raise havoc with our bowels moving regularly during our period. If you don't have a bowel movement by the end of the 4 th day then you might try eating a big meal with a lot of fat in it and drink some coffee or tea, go for brisk walk,eat 6 stewed prunes and drink the juice as well,take a hot bath and soak in the tub for awhile. All these things should help to kick in peristalsis so you can go with in hour or two. If that doesn't work try using a glycerin suppository, this can take as little as 20 minutes to work or as long as an hour to work. When I haven't had a bowel movement for as long as 4 days and I have to use a suppository this is what I do make it easier for the stool to come out: I put a glove on and put a lot vaseline on my finger and put it just inside the rectum and some on the anus as well. I found this makes it easier to pass the stool that can very hard and dry even after using a suppository. Try not to excessively strain or force the stool out but do slow deep breathing exercises as this actually helps aid in having a bowel movement and it's not painful like when you strain and force it out. Because I have had chronic constipation all my life I try to things to make it a lot less painful to go.

Last edited by flipfleury; 11-19-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: typo error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Sore stomach, can't go to the toilet. Please help. :(

It sounds like the Antibiotics have had the reverse effect on you, e.g, getting rid of the Diarrhea and now you have gone the other way.
Get some fresh/dried Figs and eat two or three before breakfast every morning.
In the evening before bedtime drink a glass of Prune Juice. Along with adequate drinks of water and exercise you should over come this in no time.

Solofelix.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
(female)

CocoAlana HB User
Smile Re: Sore stomach, can't go to the toilet. Please help. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
The antibiotics you're on maybe causing constipation or your colon doesn't have enough stool in it yet to produce a bowel movement. Sometimes our hormones can raise havoc with our bowels moving regularly during our period. If you don't have a bowel movement by the end of the 4 th day then you might try eating a big meal with a lot of fat in it and drink some coffee or tea, go for brisk walk,eat 6 stewed prunes and drink the juice as well,take a hot bath and soak in the tub for awhile. All these things should help to kick in peristalsis so you can go with in hour or two. If that doesn't work try using a glycerin suppository, this can take as little as 20 minutes to work or as long as an hour to work. When I haven't had a bowel movement for as long as 4 days and I have to use a suppository this is what I do make it easier for the stool to come out: I put a glove on and put a lot vaseline on my finger and put it just inside the rectum and some on the anus as well. I found this makes it easier to pass the stool that can very hard and dry even after using a suppository. Try not to excessively strain or force the stool out but do slow deep breathing exercises as this actually helps aid in having a bowel movement and it's not painful like when you strain and force it out. Because I have had chronic constipation all my life I try to things to make it a lot less painful to go.
Thank you very much for your help. It was very helpful I finally went and I feel better now but I still have period pain but that's no worry. thank you again. I will keep this information in mind the next time I have troubles
Also I feel sorry for you having constipation all the time it must be really troublesome

Closed Thread