It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

kedzie HB User
is this something to worry about?

hi. i am a 27 year old female with an 8 month old baby. about a month ago i started having severe pain when i pass stool and noticed there is some blood on the tissue and on my stool. i haven't really been having any weird issues like constipation/diarrhea, although sometimes i do strain when going and sometimes i go a couple days without going. is this just a hemorrhoid, or fissure or should i be worried about something more severe? oh and also there are times when i get sharp pains in my stomach and it is urgent that i go to the bathroom right away. i don't have a gp, and really don't want to see a dr if i don't have to. thanks!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: is this something to worry about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedzie View Post
hi. i am a 27 year old female with an 8 month old baby. about a month ago i started having severe pain when i pass stool and noticed there is some blood on the tissue and on my stool. i haven't really been having any weird issues like constipation/diarrhea, although sometimes i do strain when going and sometimes i go a couple days without going. is this just a hemorrhoid, or fissure or should i be worried about something more severe? oh and also there are times when i get sharp pains in my stomach and it is urgent that i go to the bathroom right away. i don't have a gp, and really don't want to see a dr if i don't have to. thanks!
You're constipated if you have to strain to have a bowel movement, The stool is dry and hard from sitting in the colon and rectum too long. The blood you see is probably a small fissure. Increase your water intake to 64 oz. a day and your fiber intake to 25 grams a day but slowly over a week's time. Set side a set time everyday to sit on the toilet to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises to help relax my muscles which actually aid in having a pain free bowel movement. I have been doing this everyday since the beginning of March of this year and it does work if you give it time,patience and commitment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread