It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

lauren04 HB User
Question Blood in stool, abdominal pain, spasms and hair loss...

Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could get some advice to my current situation. I will start from the beginning. Last September, my hair became very dry and I started losing it by the handfuls. Now, I started noticing little red dots of red blood in my stool- there is also a lot of mucus in the stool. I have abdominal pain, usually all the time, but worse when I eat something. If I eat a lot of food, I tend to get diarrhea; probably about once a month. Also, I notice that I have spasms in my stomach from time to time. The blood in the stool worries me since it is obviously not normal!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Lauren

Old 12-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Blood in stool, abdominal pain, spasms and hair loss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren04 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could get some advice to my current situation. I will start from the beginning. Last September, my hair became very dry and I started losing it by the handfuls. Now, I started noticing little red dots of red blood in my stool- there is also a lot of mucus in the stool. I have abdominal pain, usually all the time, but worse when I eat something. If I eat a lot of food, I tend to get diarrhea; probably about once a month. Also, I notice that I have spasms in my stomach from time to time. The blood in the stool worries me since it is obviously not normal!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Lauren
You should be examined by a gastroenterologist as soon as possible because of the blood in your stool.any changes in bowel habits that last more than two weeks should be investigated by a doctor soon. You may have to have a rectal exam by the doctor,fecal occult test,colonoscopy, bowel habit history.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread