It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
(female)

randadawn HB Userrandadawn HB Userrandadawn HB User
Re: Laser Hemorrhoid Surgery in Miami or Phoenix

I went home the next day but only because I have a baby at home. If you have family there then maybe staying a few days would be good.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
(female)

I am eight days out and had a nasty bm this morning....some bleeding and burning.......did this happen to you at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

How are you doing now? We are leaving for Phoenix on Monday 4/2 Surgery for my son on Wed 4/4.....

Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
(male)

Tndav HB User

Doing good. I'm 2 months out. The 1st 3-4 days could be rough, but I believe you will find this to be nothing like stories read having the old fashion scaple surgery. Please posts so we can learn more about this dr. and place in Phoenix. Good luck. Just take it 1 day at a time. You won't regret doing this.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #20
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

We are in Phoenix and have nothing but praise for this wonderful place. Everyone was so nice and answered all questions. My son felt his doctor, Dr. Stuart was one of the easiest persons he has ever conversed with. She did the surgery in 15 minutes... He has been in pain from hems for 12 years.. What a miracle this is.. He had the surgery 7 hours ago and keeps saying he cannot believe this.. he has had more pain daily from the internal hems than he has now.. he is taking pain medication and sure that helps.. we shall keep you posted on his recovery at this point IF YOU NEED THIS SURGERY COME TO PHOENIX!!!You will have Cadillac care and worth all the effort to get here...

Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
(female)

I too thought they were wonderful! It is just too far for me to travel again with a baby. I have found a place closer. The only bad part is they do one at at time because it is only local anesthesia (numbing). But so far so good. I will go back on the 16th to have the area cleaned up a bit from some left over skin. I will keep you posted. I don't know why all of these doctors say there is no difference in laser and scalpel surgery. I never had one instance after either of my surgeries where I couldn't care for myself or my baby!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Josh is having a great day 1 day post op. He has little pain and some pressure. He just is in shock at how well he is doing..So thankful for this surgery.. I'll keep you posted!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Josh on day 2 out of surgery is still doing great. He has not had pain just some pressure, ice packs and pain meds have sure done there job. Still hasn't gone to the bathroom but hopefully soon..

Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Josh went to the bathroom on day 3 with very little problems.. He still feels some pain but no where near as much as he normally had pre surgery..

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
(female)

Amazing. I will go have my remaining tags taken care of with laser at the doctor in Pennsylvania on April 16th. I am told since I already had surgery in this area that I may have a little more tenderness. I still have a non-problemic hemorrhoid that I am leaving for now. I plan on trying to get pregnant this summer and although I am hoping I won't have problems........I may have to get more done. I didn't have any problems with my first though. I am so glad that he is doing good and I will post again on Monday to let you know how I am doing.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #26
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Josh and I are headed back to New York today was worth every penny to come to Dr. Stuart.. Josh just has been given a new life unimaginable that the Dr.s In NY said they could do nothing for him . We are taking the sunshine of Phoenix back to cold upstate NY but our hearts are shinning. Josh has had zero problems, 100% better than his daily struggles presurgery.
Will be thinking of you next week as you go back in. Blessings

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Josh is two weeks out from his surgery. 80-90% better already.. He is doing things he could only wish to do presurgery. We encourage you if you need this type of surgery do not hesitate please do yourself the biggest favor and "Get er done"...

Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
(female)

Hello all! Well, it appears as though I wasn't quite healed from the last hemorrhoid that I had removed on February 20. It is still a raw area however, it was a very large internal/external hemorrhoid at the 9 o'clock location. So, the doctor didn't want to do much but he did clean the edges up and removed the irritated skin tag I had at the 6 o'clock location. I do think this was giving me some issues. The first couple of days were a piece of cake and now I have some bad burning issues but only after going to the bathroom, normal. I still have a little bleeding. But, all and all I hope I am done with my behind at least until I am done having children. I still don't understand these doctors around here and I guess everywhere saying that laser isn't better or less painful but lucky for all of us we followed our gutts and took care of it. I feel for everyone especially those with small children at home that are in too much pain to deal with them after conventional surgery. I was skeptical but after having one large external and some internal done in AZ, then another very large internal/external in PA and finall a skin tag in PA I am a firm believer that the Colon & Rectal Society of the United States needs to look at the laser option again. I feel pretty good but I was told that I have a large skin tag at the 12 o'clock location that may give me some issues later on. HAVE LASER WILL TRAVEL! I hope everyone on these boards can get help from those of us who have posted about laser surgery. I have found many locations now even in PA, MI, NY, AZ, CA, FL, MS.......I am in Baltimore and I believe I may have even found a surgeon who uses the laser for external only in his office. I will check him out and let everyone know if it seems legit. Thanks to all and I am glad Josh is doing great!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Hey, could you possibly give me the contact information for the Dr. you went to in PA? My mother in law really needs to have a hem removed and we would rather have her go to PA as is so much closer for her . Her condition is much more mild than Josh's . Josh is still doing amazingly well.... Thanks for the information

Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
(male)

jackforce1 HB User

I wish one of these docs was within a reasonable driving distance. I'd love to have a consult but I'm not sure if they can help me, my hemorrhoids are weird and only come out if i relax down there. I have a lot of itching and burning too, but the surgeon i saw here didn't see anything.

Reply Reply