It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
(female)

sweetgramma HB User
Re: Laser Hemorrhoid Surgery in Miami or Phoenix

There are other doctors out there that may be doing this type of surgery... Have you looked on line under Hemorrhoid Laser surgery and see what comes up? I have heard there is one in PA and also on Long Island, ny... Hope you can find someone to help you. My son suffered for 12 years and he is 99.9% back to his old self.. Bless you.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #32
(female)

randadawn HB Userrandadawn HB Userrandadawn HB User

Jackforce1, where do you live? I have found many doctors throughout the united states. I have even now found one in my hometown of Baltimore but they only do external. That was my problem. I have had internal and external hemorrhoids done with laser. I had next to no pain every time!

The Following User Says Thank You to randadawn For This Useful Post:
bettyanders (07-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #33
(female)

hoang HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randadawn View Post
Jackforce1, where do you live? I have found many doctors throughout the united states. I have even now found one in my hometown of Baltimore but they only do external. That was my problem. I have had internal and external hemorrhoids done with laser. I had next to no pain every time!
Hi Randadawn,

I live in Springfield, VA. Do you have the name and phone number for the doctor in PA? Were you satisfied with that doctor in PA? Do you think Phoenix is better than the one in PA? Do you have the name and phone number for the doctor in Baltimore?
Thanks in advance for your info

Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #34
(female)

randadawn HB Userrandadawn HB Userrandadawn HB User

Sorry for delay in answering you..look up wholistic Health center in pennsylvania. It really depends on your situation and how many hemorrhoids you have. AZ will do them all at once. 1 at a time was good for me because I can't have much down time since I have a almost 2 year old at home. I did however think the doctor was great. I can't believe we live so close to DC an no docs do this!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #35
(female)

hoang HB User

Thanks much for your info. Do you suggest any insurance that they might be accepted? Do you know any doctors performs laser surgery in CA?
thanks much,
Hoang

Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #36
(male)

jackforce1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randadawn View Post
I live in Eastern Kentucky. I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but I know that I also have a yeast overgrowth that is contributing to my itching and burning.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #37
(female)

Rlanue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndav View Post
I have spoken to both locations in Miami and Phoenix. Yes they can laser both internal and external. Banding does work and is a great option if you only have internals. I have had bands before and the pain from the band usually went away after 6 - 12 hrs. However, bands no longer work for me and I also have externals which you can't band. I would stick with banding and see how it goes. Surgery should always be a last resort. You normally only have to have 3 or 4 bands anyway with not much down time or complications. My recommendation from experience is to only have them do one band at a time. 2 at a time will produce quicker results, but much more painful. I have only considered surgery because all else has failed and I have put up with it for years. Good luck! I understand how you feel.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #38
(female)

Rlanue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tndav View Post
I have spoken to both locations in Miami and Phoenix. Yes they can laser both internal and external. Banding does work and is a great option if you only have internals. I have had bands before and the pain from the band usually went away after 6 - 12 hrs. However, bands no longer work for me and I also have externals which you can't band. I would stick with banding and see how it goes. Surgery should always be a last resort. You normally only have to have 3 or 4 bands anyway with not much down time or complications. My recommendation from experience is to only have them do one band at a time. 2 at a time will produce quicker results, but much more painful. I have only considered surgery because all else has failed and I have put up with it for years. Good luck! I understand how you feel.
I had the laser surgery in Phx about 5 years ago. I have had 2 recurrences of thrombosed hemmorrhoids since then which needed to be extracted. Only 2 in 5 years I guess is good but do be prepared for the most excruciating pain after the laser procedure! The pain after the surgery was 10x worse (no exageration) for a few days, and the worst part is I was not alerted to this fact! It was writhing on the floor pain but maybe it was worth it. I might elect something else next time around.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #39
(female)

Ptchwrkr HB User

I too am debating the 'regular' surgery or laser for some external thrombosed hemorrhoids. I am SO confused and SO scared after reading some of the borrow stories - especially on the 'regular' surgery. Has anyone had both forms of treatment?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #40
(female)

hoang HB User

Hi TNDav,

Was the hospital terrible? are you going to consider for that hospital again if you have another laser surgery if the doctor won't do the surgery at the different hospital? I am considering to go down there so I want to have some information about that hospital.
Thanks much in advance for your help,
JQN

Reply Reply