It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

BU2010 HB User
Smile I got Ultroid!

I did it! Ok so I told myself that I would write a review as soon as I did this because there isn’t enough out there, and if you’re like me your researched this procedure FOREVER! Let me give you a little background…
I have had hemorrhoids for about 10 years. They never ever bothered me until last year. I got very sick with whooping cough and from that point on I was in pain! I don’t know how you feel but all I felt was burning and pressure. I went to see the GI who gave me procto foam which did absolutely NOTHING! It has been about a month of flare when I decided to get acupuncture which by the way really works…temporarily. For the first time in what felt like ages I could move around and I wasn’t in pain. So anyways when I started to flare again I went on a research craze. I decided…I could heal myself…no way was I getting surgery which was suggested to me several times by my GI doctor. EVERY SINGLE REMEDY YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF I HAVE DONE. No seriously I have taken every natural cure out there…guess what…I still have hemorrhoids and more importantly…they still hurt.
Finally I decided that I was going to get serious about researching this ultroid thing. I have done so much research on it in fact that I could probably perform the procedure on myself…NO BS. So anyways I went today to a place in Dallas Texas whom only performs this procedure and nothing else. I want to make that clear because this procedure is usually done, in office by a regular family doctor. I felt great about going to this place because if they are doing this all day every day then that tells me they are knowledgeable and have probably seen many cases and know what to do.
My insurance covers this entire procedure however…there was no one in my network that does this so I had to travel 3 hours out of my network to see this doctor. I paid a 300 dollar deductible and I will pay 89 for every other procedure…my insurance cover this rest.
Now for the procedure. When the doctor inserted the scope I’m not going to like it was uncomfortable but what rectum exam wouldn’t be. So she tells me she is about to start and I am nervous people. Sweating nervous. I have zero pain tolerance so I am fully prepared to scream, cry, and throw myself on the ground. Guess what…It was nothing. I could definitely feel it…so I am not going to say it was easy breezy but truthfully it just felt like really bad period cramps. For the men out there it feels like you have to have a bowl movement really bad.
I was told that I would need about 4 to 8 more treatments. I was also told that I had 3 hemorrhoids grades 1 to 1 ½. This information alone surprised the hell out of me because if I could have taken a guess. I would have said I had more than 5 and they were a grade 3 because they hurt that much. I left there so elated that it went so well and also completely stunned that 2 different surgeons wanted to perform surgery on 3 very small hemorrhoids.
After the procedure I felt great and I still do. She told me that I would see a difference within the next 4 days and it’s only going to get better with each treatment. I promise to keep you posted on every procedure.
If you haven’t looked into ultroid please do because it is really amazing. If you’re in the Dallas area and you want to know exactly where I went message me. I wasn’t sure if I was able to say that on this site. I hope this review helps someone out there. Good luck to all…:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

xsakura4ux HB User
Re: I got Ultroid!

Hi, I was wondering what is the name of the place you went to in order to get it done and where were you residing at that didn't have the procedure?

My mom felt two hemmorhoid lumps that keep popping out and it's irritating her so much, but she (like many other hemmorhoid sufferers) didn't want to go through the surgical procedure like banding because the doctor told her the pain was unbearable and will last for a very long while.

We live in california and I just researched and saw this ultroid procedure and showed it to my mom. She was intrigued and asked me if I knew where it could be done. I told her that we should ask the doc if she knew about this procedure to begin with because it's technically a device that physicians have to be trained to use properly to do this.

Do you have any more updates on how your recover went? I would like to know more about the post results.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

BU2010 HB User

Hi, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you. If You go to the Ultroid website it will have a place were you can type in your zip and it will give you a list of doctors that perform the procedure. So in my first post I stated that I would need 4 to 6 treatments. I am currently on my 9th. With that said...all of my hemorrhoids are gone with the exception of some slight hemorrhoid tissue. The doctor was surprised that I have needed so many treatment...hemorrhoids are stubborn! Anyways I am confidant that I am going to be completely hemorrhoid free one day. You have to have patience with this procedure but it's really worth it. I cant really say that I have had any real pain. I have the pain tolerance of a 5 year old child, so that should say a lot. I hope your mom is getting better.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
(male)

james310 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU2010 View Post
I did it! Ok so I told myself that I would write a review as soon as I did this because there isn’t enough out there, and if you’re like me your researched this procedure FOREVER! Let me give you a little background…
I have had hemorrhoids for about 10 years. They never ever bothered me until last year. I got very sick with whooping cough and from that point on I was in pain! I don’t know how you feel but all I felt was burning and pressure. I went to see the GI who gave me procto foam which did absolutely NOTHING! It has been about a month of flare when I decided to get acupuncture which by the way really works…temporarily. For the first time in what felt like ages I could move around and I wasn’t in pain. So anyways when I started to flare again I went on a research craze. I decided…I could heal myself…no way was I getting surgery which was suggested to me several times by my GI doctor. EVERY SINGLE REMEDY YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF I HAVE DONE. No seriously I have taken every natural cure out there…guess what…I still have hemorrhoids and more importantly…they still hurt.
Finally I decided that I was going to get serious about researching this ultroid thing. I have done so much research on it in fact that I could probably perform the procedure on myself…NO BS. So anyways I went today to a place in Dallas Texas whom only performs this procedure and nothing else. I want to make that clear because this procedure is usually done, in office by a regular family doctor. I felt great about going to this place because if they are doing this all day every day then that tells me they are knowledgeable and have probably seen many cases and know what to do.
My insurance covers this entire procedure however…there was no one in my network that does this so I had to travel 3 hours out of my network to see this doctor. I paid a 300 dollar deductible and I will pay 89 for every other procedure…my insurance cover this rest.
Now for the procedure. When the doctor inserted the scope I’m not going to like it was uncomfortable but what rectum exam wouldn’t be. So she tells me she is about to start and I am nervous people. Sweating nervous. I have zero pain tolerance so I am fully prepared to scream, cry, and throw myself on the ground. Guess what…It was nothing. I could definitely feel it…so I am not going to say it was easy breezy but truthfully it just felt like really bad period cramps. For the men out there it feels like you have to have a bowl movement really bad.
I was told that I would need about 4 to 8 more treatments. I was also told that I had 3 hemorrhoids grades 1 to 1 ½. This information alone surprised the hell out of me because if I could have taken a guess. I would have said I had more than 5 and they were a grade 3 because they hurt that much. I left there so elated that it went so well and also completely stunned that 2 different surgeons wanted to perform surgery on 3 very small hemorrhoids.
After the procedure I felt great and I still do. She told me that I would see a difference within the next 4 days and it’s only going to get better with each treatment. I promise to keep you posted on every procedure.
If you haven’t looked into ultroid please do because it is really amazing. If you’re in the Dallas area and you want to know exactly where I went message me. I wasn’t sure if I was able to say that on this site. I hope this review helps someone out there. Good luck to all…:

Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
(male)

james310 HB User

thank you so much for your post! i am in your shoes now doing endless research on treatments and this by far sounds like the best option! i went to there website and tried putting in my zip and couldnt find anything. not sure if i was in the right place but if you could give me any advice or help with finding a doctor who is experienced in this procedure in california it would be greatly appreciated. if any other person who reads these boards know please post or contact me.How did it work out now that you are done with the treatment? Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
(male)

james310 HB User

Any luck finding a doctor who performs this procedure in California? seems like its only being done on the eastcoast and midwest. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Reply Reply