It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

Stopngo66 HB User
Newbie needs hemorrhoid help

I am currently dealing with a severe flare up of internal & external hemorrhoids. I have been dealing w/them since 2002 and developed them w/my 1st pregnancy. I had to have the hemorrhoidectomy 6 months after giving birth and they came back afterwards. They have been manageable since then until the week after Xmas. I had a major flare up and this is what has started this this ungodly cycle of 3 ER vists and 2 Dr's visits.

The first time in ER I didn't have any internal or external visable but was in excruciating pain ... All this happening New Years day ... The ER ran a cat scan and everything came back normal. Sent me home on drugs w/prescriptions of pain meds and creams. That evening at home I had an external hemorrhoid pop out at the top of my rectum and swelled all the way to the back of my vagina. Needless to say I was still in severe pain. New Years Day went by with me being completely medicated and taking sitz baths every 30 mins. Monday my INT was not opened so I had to wait until Tuesday morning to contact my INT. Spoke with nurse who inturn spoke w/my Dr and he didn't think I had an external so he wanted to see me Thursday @ 12noon to check me out. In the mean time pain got worse so went back to ER and the ER Dr said he could lance the external hemorrhoid to remove blood clot & drain it. Must tell you that was extremely painful due to having to be shot in that area to numb everything. 2 shots of pain meds and sent home.

Next day went into my INT and he said yes it is an external but I shouldn't be in this much pain & taking so much pain meds. He prescribed me Valium & ibuprofen. Wanted me to see a Spec in 2 days. No way I could have someone examine me in that area because of being in so much pain so I put off the appt for 2wks.

Now it's Friday/Saturday morning ... Probably 3am ... And woke up having to use bathroom. So far my bowel movements have been great! No internal ones coming out. I guess I must of strained so out pops a whopper! Could not push it back in for the life of me! Off to the ER for 3rd time. ER Dr was great but yet again numbing shots in the rectum to push the hemorrhoid back in! No emergency surgery or nothing!

Sorry this is so long ... I am now at my wits end. I have the rest of the weekend to try to cope and hope to get an emergancy Dr visit so I can go ahead w/the Hemorrhoidectomy again.

Any advice would be most helpful right now ... So scared of going #2!

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
(female)

irish m HB User
Smile Re: Newbie needs hemorrhoid help

Hi,
I feel so sooo sorry for you. There are a few things you could try,

Aloe Vera, is a natural remedy which when applied to hemorrhoids, it has a cool soothing affect. It also releives infamation and brings instant relief.
It's a anti-inflammatory and helps shrink inflamed tissue. this allows the hemorrhoids to heal.

Aleo Vera helps with itching too and reduces swelling.

You can usually find 100% organic Aloe Vera at most drug stores.
I know you have already tried sitz baths but have you tried adding some epsom salts to the water, (any kind of salt will do) if you don't have epsom.

Dabbing the area with witch hazel is another instant reliever of symptoms.
Just pour some onto a tissue and place directly on affected area.
You can also buy wipes ready soaked in witch hazel. (more convenient) and you can take them with you when your out and about.

Hope this helps you.
irish m

The Following User Says Thank You to irish m For This Useful Post:
broodler (08-27-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
(female)

Stopngo66 HB User
Re: Newbie needs hemorrhoid help

Thank you so much for your response! I have pretty much tried or have everything. I am trying to keep my bm's soft so there is no straining. Do not want to make that 3am er trip again.

I am just waiting on getting into a spec to see if my only option now is to have surgery. I can tell you that I am starving! I am such a foodie and being on "hospital" food is killing me!

I am really hoping to get this taken care of because it has really put a hold on my life.

Thxs,
L

The following user gives a hug of support to Stopngo66:
irish m (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
(female)

irish m HB User

Hi again

I wish you all the best of luck. wish there was more I could do.

There are other hemorrhoid products on the market, but I'm not sure if I can mention them by name here. or even if I'm allowed to direct you to where you can get them from.

Best wishes
irish m

Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
(female)

Stopngo66 HB User

Not a problem! It just helps to have someone to chat with. Just taking it 1hour at a time. I actually got a full nights sleep without waking up having to take a pain killer. Once I woke up had my first bowel movement ... Now laying down to ease the burning & itching sensation but no internal hemmies falling out and no straining so that is even a bigger bonus! Knock on wood!

Thxs,
L

Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

Stopngo66 HB User

So after taking 5 steps forward with having good bowel movements ... No straining ... Went to bathroom this evening and my internal hemmed decided to all out again! Frustrating! No straing ... Drinking plenty of water and takin stool softer ears 2x's a day. This time I had major bleeding and instead of going to ER it took me 2 horas to be able to put the hemmie back in.
I guess my question is will this ever go away or am I just destined to have surgery?

Thxs,
L

Old 01-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
(female)

Amomma HB User

I am so sorry that you are suffering so. I have them too and the pain can be beyond words. If the second surgery will improve your quality of life then really entertain it. Living with pain is not living at all. Praying for you.

Blessings,
Amomma

The Following User Says Thank You to Amomma For This Useful Post:
broodler (08-27-2012)
Closed Thread