It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
(female)

sunloving lady HB User
Angry Mucus and Blood in Stools

I am very scared I am also in a lot of pain, I have blood and mucus in my stools and have to go for a colonscopy 24th january. I am really worried about the investigation and also what they may find.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

auntidu HB Userauntidu HB User
Re: Mucus and Blood in Stools

I understand your concern. I am having the same problems and will be having my first colonoscopy Jan. 20, this Friday. I don't know if this helps you, but when my internist did a rectal exam she noted the blood was bright red. She said bright red is generally a better case scenario. Dark or black blood can be a bigger problem. I wish you luck and comfort. I know it's really scary. From what I've read on these boards from people who've been through it, we're probably both being big ol' cry babies! It sounds like the procedure isn't too tough at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to auntidu For This Useful Post:
sunloving lady (01-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #3
(female)

sunloving lady HB User

Thank you, I wish you good luck for Friday, I am the worlds biggest baby when it comesto hospitals and I am a Nurse.
What you say is a help because I think it is only normal that we all think the worst. x

Old 01-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
(female)

I'll be back in touch to share my experience with you after my colonoscopy. For me, and perhaps for you, there is just such comfort in talking to people who've been through something I'm apprehensive about. I started the clear liquid diet today and have discovered a really tasty chicken broth. It's Tuscan chicken broth from Progressive. It's much better than other pre-made broths I've had. It's not overly salty and you can taste the flavors of rosemary and thyme in it. It actually makes me feel like I'm eating something more substantial than just broth. It's a nice break from the Jello and popsicles. Hope this helps!

sunloving lady (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
(female)

sunloving lady HB User

I will be thinking of you and hope all goes well, I would really like to hear from you after it may help to put my mind at rest, also to know you are alright I am in a some pain today but i think it is the worry.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Greetings to both you ladies.
I dont have an answer to what might be your problem but I want to wish you all the best and say try not to worry (I know its easier said than done).
Regarding the Colonoscopys, I have had two and they are nothing to fear, you will be sedated and wont remember a thing afterwards.
Take care and best wishes to you both,

Solofelix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
auntidu (01-20-2012), sunloving lady (01-21-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
(female)

Well I'm home and feeling very foolish about how much I worried about the colonoscopy. Wanted to put your mind at ease about how painless it is. Like so many others have said, you're heavily sedated and can't feel or hear anything that's going on. It was over almost before it started. No pain and anxiety was dealt with very well by the sedative they gave me. A couple of the best tips I got from this board about the prep day: Drink the solution through a straw placed well back on your tongue. You'll barely be able to taste it (it's not awful, just a little unpleasant). And suck on a peppermint right before and right after you drink. I hope you're pain is better today and that you'll feel much more relaxed as you go through this. I can't tell you how much we worried for nothing!

The following user gives a hug of support to auntidu:
sunloving lady (01-22-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
(female)

Just wanted to post a word of encouragement and a reminder that this thing you're about to go through is a piece of cake! I hope you feel assured that you won't be a bit uncomfortable during the whole procedure - couldn't be easier. Wishing you peace of mind and a postive result!

Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
(female)

Grammie02 HB User

worst part is drinking the nasty stuff...

Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
(female)

sunloving lady HB User

Thank you It does help me, but I am feeling scared it is 3.45am Monday here and I can't sleep so it was nice to get your message of support. I live alone so things tend to go around in my mind when I can't sleep. I am so glad it was alright for you and hope to be feeling silly after that I am so worried.

The following user gives a hug of support to sunloving lady:
solofelix (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hello Sunloving,

All the best with your Colonoscopy tomorrow.
Its natural to feel scared of this procedure but trust me I've had two and you wont know anything about it. I told the Dr I was scared and would they make sure I knew nothing about it. (They were really understanding and I did'nt know a thing about it. Also felt good after and went home and ate a good meal (I was starving!!..)

Come back and let us know how you got on afterwards, Good Luck,
Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
sunloving lady (01-23-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #12
(female)

sunloving lady HB User

Well I am back, but for me it was not so good, they found some polyps removed 2 but due to the discomfort I was in could not complete the colonscopy, so I have to go back in February or March to have another but this time under general anesthetic. At least I know what the bleeding is and they will remove the other polyp and check for anymore. Hopfully this will solve the problem and when the results come back they will be clear.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi sunloving,
You poor dear I'm sorry you had such discomfort. Thank God you now know what the problem is and I wish you all the best when you return in March for the rest of the treatment.
For now take care and all the best,

Solofelix.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #14
(female)

GemmaAnn HB User

Hope you are feeling better after your first colonoscopy. A little surprised to hear that they did not put you out for the procedure. Most CRS do that. I plan to have a 'virtual colonoscopy' instead. Still the same preparation, but sedation is not required. Do a search for it on the internet as can't post a link.

GA

The Following User Says Thank You to GemmaAnn For This Useful Post:
sunloving lady (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
(female)

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to know that. I'm going to keep you in my prayers and hope you'll let us know how things move forward.

sunloving lady (01-25-2012)
Closed Thread