It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
(male)

timidez HB User
Rectal Intussuception?

Hello guys

Glad I've found this forum. I've been suffering from several different (but almost certainly related) bowel disorders for the past 4 years, and even though some have been addressed I feel like some cure is still a long way ahead.

Where do I start?

One year ago I've developed a nasty rectal prolapse, it looked so bad the doctors thought it could be malign but in the end it was simply "traumatized". It took the NHS 4 months to book the surgery and during that time I could barely walk with pain. The thing was removed and I thought "great", but it wasn't over.

For years now I suffer from flatulence and the urge to "go" between 4 and 8 times a day. I've changed my diet completely and my discipline (you could call this OCD as well) allows me to eat the same stuff day after day after day, so stools are soft, consistent, etc. BUT there is always a residue, small pellets that follow the main course (sorry for being so graphical ) and give me this urge (and the gas) all day long. When I have the main BM I can see the main bit and these small pellets on top.

Well, as a result even though I try not to, there is some straining and more hemmhoroids on their way, apart from the inevitable skin tags outside the anus.

Oh, I also suffer from severe episodes of Proctalgia Fugax and constant pelvic pain.

The consultant suspects it's and internal insussuception and booked an examination under general anaesthetic back in December. They put me down on the 23rd and I was sent back home without any answers, with a follow-up booked for March or April. Went back to my GP and he couldn't find any notes regarding the procedure, it is as if it never happened.

In summary and as the title says, I was left in the dark with exactly the same problem.

I would love to hear your opinions, maybe someone who's been through the same thing and would like to share his/her experience in terms of treatment?

Do you think it sounds like an internal intussuception?

Many thanks for your help!

Last edited by timidez; 01-17-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Bad title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread