It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
(male)

Bobbytheboy HB User
blood in stool

i had blood in my stool the past couple times ive used the bathroom. Its bight red and turns the water completely red as well. I was wondering what this could mean and if its worth going to the doctor over.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User
Re: blood in stool

It could be from a lot of things. Are you getting enough fiber and water in your diet? If you're constipated, forcing it out can cause bleeding down there. If you're eating right and not pushing hard, then you need to see a doctor, as it can be a serious problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
(male)

Bobbytheboy HB User

i mean i don't eat very healthy and most of the time it is rather hard to get out. I drink only water for the most part rarely do i drink soda but im still afraid i don't drink water enough because i forget to.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

That's probably part of the problem there. A bad diet can make it very difficult to go, and makes your stool hard ( or opposite, runny ). You don't have to make drastic changes immediately, but making small changes over time will help you get to a much better place. Substitute a steak with something healthier like chicken ( not fried! ), carry a water bottle with you all the time if possible and fill it up like 3 times a day, have a hardboiled egg instead of a fried one, eat nuts instead of chips every other time, walk to somewhere close instead of driving if possible, easy things like this. The walking will just encourage your body to work better overall, and you'll feel better, not to mention have an easier time going to the bathroom. It takes time though.

If you're bleeding a very excessive amount, see a doctor right away. If you feel unusual immense pain, then there could be a very serious problem. Straining too much to go to the bathroom can cause a hernia, clots, or tears in your anus, and you really don't want to have to deal with these. It sounds like you might have small tears already, from the bleeding, and I really would see a doctor about it ( not at the ER, just a clinic ).

Old 01-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
(male)

Bobbytheboy HB User

See i think the same thing its not that i eat extremely unhealthy i just don't eat a lot at all. When i do its a sandwich or some sort of cheap fast food, the lack of money from being young and on your own, you know how it is. I drink water water but i also skateboard a lot and forget to rehydrate. I need to see a clinic i know i actually just did but for got to tell him about this because of other problems i'm facing haha.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
(female)

It's not about eating healthy food for one meal and considering that a change.

I actually don't know about having so little money that you can't get healthy food. I've been vegetarian all my life, and rarely go out to eat or buy prepackaged foods ( microwave meals, etc ). Even when I get pizza, it's a bake-at-home type that's made with all fresh ingredients in front of me. I get plenty of water, though there's never even been a threat of water shortage here in Oregon.

You should examine the things you're spending money on. Are you buying a new phone or skateboard instead of putting more money aside to buy healthier food? Even as a teenager, if you're caring for yourself then you need to act like an adult and learn to budget everything. There's no reason you should -have- to eat unhealthy foods. Even buying food in-bulk will last you so much longer and is much less expensive in the long run. That $1 burger might look good or sound cheap, but it adds up faster than you can imagine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sachimi For This Useful Post:
Bobbytheboy (01-23-2012)
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
(female)

Shellstar HB User
Smile Re: blood in stool

I went to the Doctor about this same thing a few years ago.

The first question she asked was what colour the blood was - apparently bright red blood is usually a tear or haemoroids whereas darker red blood can be internal bleeding in the bowel, like from a lesion or ulcer. Black blood is old blood.

Mine was bright, bright red and she took a quick peak and sure enough it was haemoroids. All I had to do was start eating a little more fibre.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shellstar For This Useful Post:
Bobbytheboy (01-23-2012)
Closed Thread