It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

Kaylata HB User
16 years of constipation.... please help I'm tired of it...

I'm 16 and I've been dealing with constipation since I was a baby.. And when I do go its just like pebbles.... My stomach always hurts to push on it... I usually go about every 2 to 3 days but I sometimes go 6 to 7 days. I'm getting tired of it it's embarrassing sometimes... I just want awnsers...

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaylata:
LilacGardenia (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
(female)

LilacGardenia HB UserLilacGardenia HB User
Re: 16 years of constipation.... please help I'm tired of it...

Did you talk to your doctor to see if there could be something going on like IBS?
Also, make sure you are getting enough fiber and drinking enough water.

Best of luck, hope things get better for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaMcC View Post
I'm 16 and I've been dealing with constipation since I was a baby.. And when I do go its just like pebbles.... My stomach always hurts to push on it... I usually go about every 2 to 3 days but I sometimes go 6 to 7 days. I'm getting tired of it it's embarrassing sometimes... I just want awnsers...
I can feel the pain you're experiencing with the chronic constipation since I have had this all my life and I am fifty years old. In early March 2011, I decided to take the bull by the horns to get this constipation under control. I started drinking 64 oz. of water a day and 25 grams of fiber a day, Citrucel in the morning and then again after work. I sit on the toilet every day for 30 minutes at the same time to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises to help relax my muscles so it helps me to go with no pain. It takes more time,patience,and commitment to have to do this every day but at least I am not in pain trying to go. I also make sure I eat 6 prunes and oatmeal with flax seed in it for breakfast. I can't skip even day without having a bowel movement or I have a real problem going the next time I try to go. There is a condition called slow transit colon meaning that the stool doesn't move along down the colon fast enough so it becomes dry and hard and that's why we get constipated. Not drinking enough water and not eating enough fiber also contributes to constipation. Sometimes taking a warm tub bath helps your muscles relax so it makes it easier to go. Eating a meal with some dietary fat in it help peristalsis to kick in faster . I have never tried this but it might help you: eat a large meal with fat in it and a hot beverage and then go sit in a warm tub of water for 20-30 minutes. Hopefully it will kick in peristalsis faster and make it easier to go. If you try it and it works let me know. You're young enough now to try to change your eating,drinking,and bowel habits so you don't have to endure this pain for the rest of your life. I wish I done something about this years ago.
Unfortunately chronic constipation over many years can make you more prone to colon and rectal cancer later on in your life. That's because the toxins that are in the stool that stay in our colon too long can start to absorb into the intestinal walls. Also, when we don't drink enough water the colon starts to absorb the water out of the stool which makes it dry and hard and doesn't move down the colon so it gets drier and harder the longer it sits in our intestines. That's why it's so important that we have a bowel movement every 1-2 days.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
(male)

alexmax HB User

My stool also like pebbles.. i'm taking laxatives to help, but the damage is already done.. you better figure some solution for this before your 20s, as it may lead to the worse illness you could get (my opinion anyway).. I wish somebody told me this three years ago.

I read that pebble stool is due to not being active, and not exercising enough.
I hope this help

Closed Thread