It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(male)

giants1983 HB User
What would it feel like if you went 2 months without a BM at all?

What would it feel like if you went 2 months without a BM at all? What exactly would happen to you if you did this?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: What would it feel like if you went 2 months without a BM at all?

I know I'd die...can't imagine, actually, considering I go daily and feel so much better afterward...lol.

Why do you ask?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants1983 View Post
What would it feel like if you went 2 months without a BM at all? What exactly would happen to you if you did this?
You would end up with a bowel obstruction that could rupture your intestine
and you would get peritonitis and sepsis and die. You wouldn't be able to eat and would start vomiting bowel movement because it would have nowhere else to exit the body. You would have a fever most likely and worst abdominal pain you ever felt. Don't ever let yourself go beyond three days in a row without having a bowel movement because the longer you go without having one the more you will get impacted which will eventually cause a bowel obstruction. I have had chronic constipation all my life and I can tell you from experience that the longer you go without having a bowel movement the harder it is to pass hard dry stool without feeling like your insides are being cut up with a butcher knife and the more painful it becomes to go. I use a glycerin suppository to soften the stool inside the rectum by the second day in a row of not going. I eat 6 stewed prunes everyday and drink the juice from the prunes, a bowl of oatmeal with flax seed, eat raw carrots and celery at lunch with some oranges, and a salad. I sit on the toilet every day at the same time for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises to help relax my anal rectal muscles to make it so easy to go without pain. I can't skip even one day or I have a problem the next time I have to go. This takes extra time and patience to sit on the toilet everyday but at least I am not ripping my insides up trying to pass large hard dry stools and it's so much healthier for me in the long run.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

This is the same guy who was asking advice on how to NEVER have a bowel movement a couple of months ago. Perhaps he's changed his parameters, although they still make no sense.

Please, Giants1983, get some professional help.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I answed your question two months ago. What are you trying to prove.
Havent you found proffesional help yet.
If indeed you do try two months without a bowel-movement then sad to say we wont hear from you again (you know what I mean!!...)

Solofelix.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
(male)

giants1983 HB User

Yes that was me that posted a while back. Unfortunately i still hate pooping and am still looking for any way possible to force myself not to go. Is it really necessary to have a BM? Like i mentioned before, I'd just like to be able to hold it in and have it reabsorbed into my intestines.

Surely there is SOME way to stop completely. Is there not?

Last edited by giants1983; 01-19-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

Do you want to poop to go back up the colon and back into the intestines? The intestines have muscles that only push downwards and out, so your poop will never go up again. I think you need a serious lesson in anatomy. Did you not have biology in school? Poop is a waste product, it is dangerous, and your body has to get rid of it. Do you seriously think you can survive by keeping all this toxic poop inside your body? You will end up weighing 1000 pounds just in poop and will obviously die before you reach that weight. How will you get rid of your waste other than through pooping? I think you seriously need to get to the library and get a book about the anatomy of the digestive tract, or look it up on the internet.

It's like saying I don't want to empty my trash, could my trash can reabsorb my trash so I never have to empty my trash again? Or I don't want to flush my toilet, can my toilet reabsorb my pee and poop, so that I never have to flush again? Your trash can can't "reabsorb" your trash and your toilet can't "reabsorb" your bodily waste, just like your body can't just magically "reabsorb" your poop and make it disappear. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

You really need to go back and re-read my response and many others to your question back in mid-November about not having bowel movements any more ! You really need to seek professional help from both a gastroenterologist to give you a anatomy and physiology lesson on how and why we need to have bowel movements and a reason why you're having issues with moving your bowels on a regular basis. If there is no
physical reason for you not to move your bowels regularly then you need to go see a counselor why you have such anxiety or phobia about doing something that is completely natural for you to do and must do on a regular basis.
There many of us on these health message boards in the bowel disorders section that major problems just being able to have bowel movements regularly without having a whole lot of pain trying to do so and have to really work at it.
I personally have to consciously think about making sure I eat enough fiber daily,drink enough water daily, take a fiber supplement twice a day, and have to sit on the toilet every day for 30 minutes and do slow deep breathing exercises just to produce a bowel movement daily so I don't become constipated ! And you want to hold it in for long as possible just you don't have the inconvience of having to take the time to sit on the toilet to have a bowel movement. You don't even have to work at it physically to force one !

Closed Thread