It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

shamwowgal HB User
Gas, mucous, constant urge.

For about three weeks I have been experiencing rectal itching..it not all the time it is not on the outside...so I am not scratching at all. I have tried prep H suppositories thinking I had a small hemmrhoid...as soon as I use one I have the need to go to the bathroom.

Once I go I have a constant urge to go for the next two or three hours, which makes for a lot of stress and worry, I do have to go to work. I am also really gassy and I cannot control it. The gas does not feel right at all ..it feel like something is stopping it from coming out, it still does but it feel weird.

When Ido go either a very small amount of mucous comes out and that is all..or it is small and pellet like. I have added extra fiber to my diet and am drinking more water. Once I go once I am in and out of the bathroom for hours and everythign down below burns and itches. I also feel like I am leaking urine at times without feeling like I have to go at all.

Also I have severe stomach pain for a few hours a day surrounding the bathroom times. I have gone to two doctors and both accused me of anal sex/forelay..which has not happened..I am 29 and been with the same person for 3 years.

I have also suffered with chronic pain for the last two years. Bathroom issues are where I draw the line...I need ot fix this it is driving me crazy.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Gas, mucous, constant urge.

Hi,
"Change Drs" Its outrages that they can come up with such a statement without sending you for some tests.
I have similar symptoms and have been diagnosed with IBS, yours sounds the same.
Ask for a referral to get some tests done. I had an Endoscopy/Colonoscopy/CTScan and Ultrasound before being diagnosed with a Hiatal-Hernia and IBS. I also have Diverticulitis (you are too young for that).
Even if you just have Hemorrhoids it still warrants further investigation.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

Carmellajay2 HB User

Hi solofliex,
I agree with shamwowgal change doctors. I went to the doctor because I was bleeding along with the mucus. I had a lot of gas. My previous doctor told me it was hemmies. She told me I was too young. I guess she meant to have Colon Cancer. She asked me did I want to schedule an appt with the gastroenterologist. I said yes. Mainly because I wanted to know if it was just hemmorriods I was dealing with. She acted like it was no big deal. That's why she is my previous dr. I went to the Gastro dr and she did the c-scope and they took biopsy's. I had to have a flex sig because my GI wanted to look again and they took biopsy's agian. I was diagnosed with IBD caused by colitis. It was ulcerative proctitis. My rectum looked terrible.

Do you have diarahea mixed with blood? How many times in a day do you have to use the bathroom? Do you have pain with your bowel movement? If the answer is yes please see a gastroenterologist. It could be like shamwowgal said IBS. It could be IBD caused by Ulcerative Colitis/Chrons. Either way you need to see a gastroenterologist to find out.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
(female)

GemmaAnn HB User

You need to see a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS), someone experienced in diagnosing these sorts of problems. What you are suffering is very similar to what I am going through, and this is an anal fissure. It is common that the doctor should ask if you have had anal sex, but most unethical to say that you have done if you say no. Get your medical reports and see what they have written in them. (If you are in the US, you are entitled to them.)

I wish you the very best of luck. Will not be returning to this site, as do not like censorship.

GA

Last edited by GemmaAnn; 01-25-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Personal

Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamwowgal View Post
For about three weeks I have been experiencing rectal itching..it not all the time it is not on the outside...so I am not scratching at all. I have tried prep H suppositories thinking I had a small hemmrhoid...as soon as I use one I have the need to go to the bathroom.

Once I go I have a constant urge to go for the next two or three hours, which makes for a lot of stress and worry, I do have to go to work. I am also really gassy and I cannot control it. The gas does not feel right at all ..it feel like something is stopping it from coming out, it still does but it feel weird.

When Ido go either a very small amount of mucous comes out and that is all..or it is small and pellet like. I have added extra fiber to my diet and am drinking more water. Once I go once I am in and out of the bathroom for hours and everythign down below burns and itches. I also feel like I am leaking urine at times without feeling like I have to go at all.

Also I have severe stomach pain for a few hours a day surrounding the bathroom times. I have gone to two doctors and both accused me of anal sex/forelay..which has not happened..I am 29 and been with the same person for 3 years.

I have also suffered with chronic pain for the last two years. Bathroom issues are where I draw the line...I need ot fix this it is driving me crazy.
Maybe you need to make more time to spend on the toilet to make sure you're finished moving your bowels. If you're having pellet like stools then you're constipated and that can't make you have more gas and give you stomach pain before and after moving your bowels. I know for myself a lot of gas and stomach pain is usually a good indication I need to move my bowels very soon. I find doing slow deep breathing exercises helps my muscles to relax and make it so much easier to go. When I haven't moved my bowels in 2 days then my stool gets very hard and very painful to pass so I use a glycerin suppository as it helps to soften the stool just inside the rectum.

Closed Thread