It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

heather033 HB User
New here, just want some help?

Hello,

I've been suffering with severe stomach cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, sensitivity to food and weightloss for about six months.

I was refered for a colonoscopy , and was told it was completely normal, but they took biopsies to check for any nasties.
In the blood work they took it said I was aneamic as well.

I was reffered with suspected chrons or colitis, and am very shocked to get a clear result from the colonoscopy.

The doctors are now touting IBS. To my understanding, weightloss and anemia dont occur in IBS?

Basically, I'm lost and I don't know what I should do anymore.
Any help would be amazing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: New here, just want some help?

All your symptoms point to IBS except Anemia, I haven't heard of that and that may be a separate issue.
I lost a stone (14 1bs ) with IBS and am still finding it difficult to put back on even though I eat well.
I was told to increase Fibre in my diet which I have done and that has certainly helped with the Diarrhea. What have you been prescribed for Anemia and IBS.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

footbal86 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather033 View Post
Hello,

I've been suffering with severe stomach cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, sensitivity to food and weightloss for about six months.

I was refered for a colonoscopy , and was told it was completely normal, but they took biopsies to check for any nasties.
In the blood work they took it said I was aneamic as well.

I was reffered with suspected chrons or colitis, and am very shocked to get a clear result from the colonoscopy.

The doctors are now touting IBS. To my understanding, weightloss and anemia dont occur in IBS?

Basically, I'm lost and I don't know what I should do anymore.
Any help would be amazing.
Hi, have they found out what you have? I am having the same symptoms and had the same test and was diagnosed with IBS, except Anemia, and everything looks fine. I am constantly extremely nausea, upset stomach, cant stomach food, lost 20 lbs in a few months, sometimes throwing up. Any information will be great.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Were you tested for H.Pylori as that can cause similar symptoms.
Take a look online for diets for IBS also I take Domperidone for the Nausea and that does help along with Ginger Tea.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

footbal86 HB User

Thank you, I have tested for h plyori a few years back and was treated. I take Loraxepam for the nausea and it helps a little. They are thinking an ulcer but will not know until I get an endoscopy.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
I have had two Ulcers and one bled. They are Sooo painful. An Endoscopy will show if you have or had an Ulcer, mine did, it also showed I had a Hiatal-Hernia which also causes me to feel Nausea's.
I hope you soon find out your problem and all the best,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
footbal86 (06-26-2012)
Closed Thread