It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
(male)

alexmax HB User
Does anal fissure make the rectum swell?

hello..

i suffered from anal fussier three years ago, it healed. then 2 months ago, i got major pain without blood.. doctor said its the fussier..

I'm on medication now.. aside from constant minor pain, I feel better for a few days, then i feel strong pain again..

I constantly feel now that the rectum is swollen, and really narrowed and tight.. NOT like there is a pebble on the rectum, but like the whole circle of the rectum is swollen and, therefor, a bit out of where it should be. also feel the area around the rectum feels harder than normal.

The strong pain usually comes while whipping after stool or bath.. and the pain feels like the rectum is swelling.
Does anal fussier make the rectum swell? does this sound like anal fissure to you, or did i develop something else??

thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Does anal fussier make the rectum swell?

Hi are you talking about an anal fissure? I have had one of those (its been a while) and from what I can remember I did have some swelling but mine was deeper and would swell up inside. My glands would also swell up when it was bad (probably infected). I would still call the dr. if I were you just in case. Hope this helps, cj

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
alexmax (02-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
(male)

alexmax HB User
Re: Does anal fissure make the rectum swell?

Thank you my friend

Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
(female)

bp4life HB User

Im looking for some answers to. I take lactulose and prune juice so my stool i soft but it still hurts every time i go to the bathroom and it feels as if my rectum might be swollen inside making it hard to get anything out! hope more people reply soon!

Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
(male)

BayRidge HB User

I'm posting this here but for anyone with anal fissure, one source of trouble could be your parathyroid. If one swells and releases too much hormone, it leeches calcium from your bones. It causes constipation, excess urination and muscle spasms, all of which can lead to an anal fissure and stop it from healing. If you have high calcium in your blood (something which is commonly tested) get your parathyroid hormone levels checked. If they're high, then that's the source of your fissure and until you get the gland removed, you won't be able to get rid of fissure. This is what happened to me. Obviously not everyone has this particular problem, but might be more common among people with chronic anal fissure.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
(male)

sfl118 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmax View Post
hello..

i suffered from anal fussier three years ago, it healed. then 2 months ago, i got major pain without blood.. doctor said its the fussier..

I'm on medication now.. aside from constant minor pain, I feel better for a few days, then i feel strong pain again..

I constantly feel now that the rectum is swollen, and really narrowed and tight.. NOT like there is a pebble on the rectum, but like the whole circle of the rectum is swollen and, therefor, a bit out of where it should be. also feel the area around the rectum feels harder than normal.

The strong pain usually comes while whipping after stool or bath.. and the pain feels like the rectum is swelling.
Does anal fussier make the rectum swell? does this sound like anal fissure to you, or did i develop something else??

thanks in advance.

I may have a solution but I havent had it nearly as long as you my anal fisure healed so it seems but it came back for short time without blood but it seemed more rash like symtoms my solution was to grease the area with creamy vasoline. but if you feal pain like its acting like is a open cut and if it hurts if you were to try putting on a vasoline then try another creamy substance that doesnt sting like cut cream or maybe a moisterizineg lotion that is very thick(the kinds that comeout of tubs but dont get a fragranced one though) treat it like a cut entill it doesnt sting then use a lube to releave friction on it thats what happend to me it acted up I lubbed it it but I did it right away and it took me 3-5 days for it go away I also had it flare out some now it seems to be mostly gone except for once in a rare while very very minor entill I grease it again

as far as wipeing goes try using wet toilet paper ive been doing that most of my anal fisure I will fold a peice of toilet paper into a small sqaure and get it get and wipe that way it releives friction as you wipe and I have been doing that for months it works for me at least but be gentile

im not talking from to much experence but i hope this helps

can you tell us how its been going for you has it healed at all

Closed Thread