It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
(male)

bemabc HB User
Question Frequent Small Bowel Movements

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. Saturday morning and Wednesday morning I woke up with the urge to use the bathroom. The normal feeling you have to go. I sat and very little came out but the cramp (lets call it) was still there like there was more to go. Nothing more came out so I stood up walked away. A few moments later, it happened again, then again then again. Each time little came out with not much relief.

Eventually the time between grew longer and longer. For for a description, the BM was small fragments, sinkers, normal color, no blood, some like pebbles some again like small fragments. I take that back, there probably was a small amount of blood from all the wiping between the frequent visits. Time between movements went from a few min, to a longer period. Around 9 this morning the system stopped. Got home, felt the urge to go and it was very small fragments, not much at all.

I could probably do a better job at keeping hydrated, and eat a bit better though its not terrible by any means. Anyone know what this could be?

History: Happened once before a few years ago in college. Also around Christmas time, had cramping, bloating, stomach pain. Doctor gave me blood work, an xray, and stool samples. All came back with nothing, but the xray tech said the colon looked a little inflammed with more stool then normal built up. Doc said miralax and water. It did clear it up for a few weeks and all went back to normal. Then this hit. Anyone experience this or know what it could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
(male)

fish92 HB User
Re: Frequent Small Bowel Movements

Same problem as me. I just posted a thread asking something similar. I somehow feel that I haven't completely emptied myself but just couldn't go anymore. Feel a bit of bloating sometimes, maybe due to some unemptied stools. Sometimes hours later I get the urge again. It has been 3 days and I'm still waiting for advice. Most people I talk to suggest to bulk up my stool with certain bulking agent or just adding more fiber.

Just like you, it happened to me before in the past and never persists for more than a week at most.

I certainly know how you feel and hope someone knows the exact solution for this. Haven't went to a doc yet though, will if it still doesn't get better over the next few days.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Hi there,

have you ever used dietary fiber on a regular basis> My favorite is molasses yeast that you mix into orange juice. If orange juice is too hard on your stomach, try any fiber therapy that you mix in water.

Just on glass once a day, or twice if you like. will keep you regular and keep all you stuff together..

Hope that helps.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
(male)

bemabc HB User

Glad to know someone else had the same thing as me. Went awhile there without a reply. I more or less figured it out. I didn't end up going into the doctor though I was close to going I called instead lol. He said it sounded to him like constipation.

Though it was frequent, but small he still stuck to that conclusion. He suggested to take miralax once a day for a week and to drink plenty of water which I most likely was not doing. After a couple days it worked and the BMs were normal again.

From the post above me, after miralax runs it course here I plan to get some type of fiber tablet to take also just to make sure things keep moving.

Right after that one ended I got a new once where I get a sensation something is stuck between the shoulder blades that comes and goes. If its not one thing its another lol.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Actually that is likely "differed pain". When we have pain in our bodies, our nerves are not as pinpoint as they are in our fingers for example. I recently had lung pain that deffered to my shoulder, and gallbladder pain often shows up in the upper chest area,

Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
(male)

fish92 HB User

Hey, just wanted to update,

Went to the Doctor last night regarding this issue and he said it wasn't a big problem. He suspected that my colon may be too "lazy" to push the stools out so he prescribed me some Cerekinon (Trimebutiene) to regulate colonic movement. In addition to that, he gave me a supplement to promote normal flora growth in my gut and a 10mg Bisacodyl suppository to remove whatever stool I might have stuck inside me.

Up till now, I think I felt better than before although I missed school today. Hope you get better too!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bowel disorder, frequent bowel movements