It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
(male)

kamalshipping HB User
Unhappy discomfort under right lower rib , lot of gas and greasy stool

i had been now sufferring from a discomfort (not pain) like something strange under my right lower rib for almost a year now, it come n goes so i kept niglecting it , its very minor so never bothered me , but since past few months its getting weaird and feel like something FILLED up inside my right lower rib cage ..specially after eating food and siting in office chair .

i also have lot of gas passing (fart) in the morning after food and also in the evening this is become so so frequent .

the stool is also not solid enough .its sticky greasy and dark brown in color its been 4/5 months since this is happening .

i feel no pain even when i press that part of my body but its like a balloon inflated specially after food.

Pls help me what this can be i am very worried , the doctor i consulted gave me appointment for Ultrasound.....will it be worth full...i am scared if this is colon cancer??

...i got regularly to gym and very athletics lean and active.
my weight is 72 kg and height is 5ft 10 inches.I had appendicitis operated abt 6 years ago.

Last edited by kamalshipping; 02-05-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: discomfort under right lower rib , lot of gas and greasy stool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalshipping View Post
i had been now sufferring from a discomfort (not pain) like something strange under my right lower rib for almost a year now, it come n goes so i kept niglecting it , its very minor so never bothered me , but since past few months its getting weaird and feel like something FILLED up inside my right lower rib cage ..specially after eating food and siting in office chair .

i also have lot of gas passing (fart) in the morning after food and also in the evening this is become so so frequent .

the stool is also not solid enough .its sticky greasy and dark brown in color its been 4/5 months since this is happening .

i feel no pain even when i press that part of my body but its like a balloon inflated specially after food.

Pls help me what this can be i am very worried , the doctor i consulted gave me appointment for Ultrasound.....will it be worth full...i am scared if this is colon cancer??

...i got regularly to gym and very athletics lean and active.
my weight is 72 kg and height is 5ft 10 inches.I had appendicitis operated abt 6 years ago.
Have you had your gall bladder checked to make sure it's working properly ? If your stool has shiny,slimy textured look to it then maybe you need to look at how much fat is in your diet. Many of the foods that are high in fat can also make you gassy.
I can tell you from my own experience when I get trapped gas and passing gas that's usually a pretty good indication that I need to move my bowels because that is the only way it's relieved. I go into the bathroom sit on the toilet and place my hand just below the belly button and push in and downward that pressure helps you to relieve some the gas that is trapped and the pressure you place on the abdomen helps you to move your bowels very soon afterwards. If not then I use slow deep breathing continuously until I have moved my bowels. This is the only way I have found not only relieves the trapped gas pressure but it helps to relax your muscles to make it easier to move your bowels without straining. I sure this helps you like it does for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: discomfort under right lower rib , lot of gas and greasy stool

Hi yes I agree with the gall bladder if not working properly can cause problems after eating and pain in that area. Try cutting back on fat for a bit and see if the pain subsides some and that would be a good indication. cj

Closed Thread