It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

INeedToKnowIt HB User
Angry Help!

Hi. A few years ago ive developed these bumps around my anus. They hurt really badly at first. I was too embarrassed to ask anyone. They are still on my anus to this day. Im always constipated and I don't poop everyday. When i do poop, my anus burns really bad ( during and after bm) and these bumps swell up.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedToKnowIt View Post
Hi. A few years ago ive developed these bumps around my anus. They hurt really badly at first. I was too embarrassed to ask anyone. They are still on my anus to this day. Im always constipated and I don't poop everyday. When i do poop, my anus burns really bad ( during and after bm) and these bumps swell up.
It's most likely hemorrhoids. I have heard that sitz baths help and putting witch hazel on them is suppose to reduce swelling.
How many days in a row do you go without having a bowel movement ? The more days you go without having a bowel movement the larger and harder your bowel movement will be and the more straining and forcing it out you will have to do. This makes the hemorrhoids more inflamed, more likely to bleed,and the more it's going to hurt to have a bowel movement.
I don't have hemorrhoids fortunately but I have had lifelong problems with constipation. I know the pain constipation causes when you have to strain and force out the hard dry stool. Last March I decided to take the bull by the horns try to combat the constipation the natural way without stimulant laxatives and enemas. I went on a high fiber diet, started drinking lots of water,64 oz. a day, have a set time schedule in the morning to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. I use slow deep breathing exercises continuously until I have had a bowel movement. I put on relaxing music which helps me to relax and concentrate on the deep breathing. This actually helps to have a bowel movement without pain and I don't have to strain or force it out. It takes more time this way and a daily commitment on my part to make sure I make the time to sit on the toilet to move my bowels. If I go more than 24-36 hours without having a bowel movement then I use a glycerin suppository to soften the stool so it doesn't hurt to move my bowels. It's such a relief not to be constantly constipated and it hurt so much to have a bowel movement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread