It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
(male)

Shifty1 HB User
Jejunal Intussusception and Bowel Problems

I am a 32 year old male and have been having some issues for a while and was hoping to get some advice from those who know about intussusception. I finished chemotherapy just over two years ago and have been having ct-scans and MRI's of my abdomen and pelvis for re-staging purposes quarterly and now semi-annually and have been "all clear" since.

However, over the past few months, I seem to be having some bowel problems which seem to be getting worse. My abdomen always feels bloated and I get unusual pains (almost burning to cramping) on both sides of my abdomen at the belly button level that is more uncomfortable when sitting vs. standing. I will go three to four days with no bowel movements, but then I will eat something and out of the blue it will trigger horrible abdominal pain (gas) and then diarrhea less than 30 minutes after eating and I will have diarrhea for several days. Then it is back to the waiting game for the next round. I can't seem to pinpoint any specific foods that are causing it, but when it happens, there better be a restroom close. Also, when this happens, there is floating stool with what seems to be white foam or something around it.

OK, so on to the intussusception. I just got my last ct-scan results and it mentions there is jejunal intussusception with no bowel obstruction. My oncologist is a genitourinary Dr. and didn't seem to know a whole lot about it and is frankly more interested in cancer. This is also the first scan that this has showed up on. Having re-looked at the images, I have them on CD, it is very obvious and looks like a target with one ring inside the other.

I was thinking of going to a gastroenterologist before I even had the ct-scan, but am now wondering if the intussusception could resolve itself, be left alone, or if it needs medical attention. Any advice would be helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
(female)

arla7247 HB User
Re: Jejunal Intussusception and Bowel Problems

Hi there , sorry for all your problems,not much concilation,you are not alone.You know, I actually had to google intussusception, I'm having problems right in the area you are speaking of,but was not aware of this condition.Have you tried to research it at all? From what I read ,something as simple as a barium enema can relieve it,well at least long enough to figure out what is causing it.If it were me I would go to a Gastro.Drives me crazy when doctors just fluff things off.Have you spoken to your G.P.
Sorry couldn't help much,but good luck ,I hope you can get some one to listen.

Closed Thread