It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Lactose Intolerance?

Hello, I have a quick question on Lactose Intolerance. Though I have never been diagnosed with it, I use to get very bad stomach aches after eating pizza. I was wondering, how is lactose intolerance diagnosed?? I can eat tons and tons of kit kat bars and other milk chocolates without having any stomach problems. Am I lactose Intolerant or does my stomach just hate pizza?!

The Following User Says Thank You to sesameseed For This Useful Post:
Gracielou84 (03-20-2012)
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

MCH307 HB User
Re: Lactose Intolerance?

Hey I'm in the same boat. I can eat some dairy thingsand others it's like I'd rather die. It's weird.vi even had am allergy test and nothing came up.

I'd try different brands? I've noticed it's all in how they care for their products. If the cheese sat out and got too warm, that's when it gets me the most.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

bp4life HB User

try to keep a food diary and see if any other food give you stomach ache. tomato based foods give my dad stomach ache. so pasta sauce and pizza he cant really it. could it be that?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

hopefloats36 HB Userhopefloats36 HB User

Keeping a food diary is really important. Record everything you eat and drink and the quantities. Record your symptoms and the times they occur. It will help you to find patterns.

Lactose Malabsorption is tested with simple breath testing. Each breath test does take approximately 3 hours of your time, but it's worth the investment. I was tested for Lactose Malabsorption, Fructose Malabsorption (FM), and Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO). I was positive for FM and SIBO and am feeling so much better after treatment and being on the low FODMAP diet. I have normal BM's and have eliminated all the IBS symptoms. You can google these for information to determine if you would benefit from breath testing. Find a good GI doc who is skilled in testing and treatment of these issues. Best wishes!

Closed Thread