It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

frogholler HB User
severe very low back pain while in bed

I am a 73 year old female and I have been having severe lower back pain after being in bed for several hours. It usually starts about 4 or 5 hours after retiring and is very low down on the back. The pain radiates all around the hips and sometimes down into my thigh bones. It doesn't matter what position I am in and I am constantly rolling over and moving about trying to get comfortable. My bowel habits have also changed and I tend to get looser bowels in the past couple months and sometimes gas. I have found that if I get up real early in the morning around 4 or 5 and have a bowel movement, the pain slacks off when I go back to bed. I have been having fractures of the spine since last May but they are all healed and I don't think my spine is the source of the pain I am now having. I still have back pain during the day do to my osteoporosis of the spine but I'm a lot more comfortable during the day than I was and now the pain is worse at night in bed. I've lost a lot of weight. I was 154 and now 130. Part of the weight loss is because I had to go on a gluten free diet and loss a little over 15 lbs. The rest of the loss was because I lost my appetite for a while due to the stress and pain I was going through when my spine started collapsing from the fractures. Is there anyone here that has been having the same problem? I know it's not the mattress as it is a very good one that we've had for several years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread