It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

emma9191 HB User
Unhappy Blood in Stool

Two months ago I noticed there was bright red blood in my stool. It's not a lot, but this has happened five or six times, and there has also been like pieces of white mucus or something along with that for nearly five months now. It's very weird because this has never happened to me before. I haven't been eating anything that would cause this. I'm also not on any medications. I'm 17 years old and I don't smoke, don't drink. I've been to the doctor but I'm just really embarrassed to talk to anyone about this. I also have stomach pain where my stomach is sometimes sore, especially after I eat ice cream or something with equally as much fat/sugar/calories and whatever. I sometimes feel hungry, even after I've eaten and know I can't be hungry.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm really worried.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Re: Blood in Stool

Hey there, first of all, I know how you feel because seeing red is always scary! However, if I recall correctly bright red = mostly from the outer regions of your body, and that's good news because you know its not from the inside which can mean big problems. Do you have a good intake of fiber in your diet?? Do you strain when you go?? I ask this because it is possible that you may have hemorrhoids due to straining and or a diet that's lacking fiber. As for the white mucus, I'm not too sure on that one, it could be something you ate that your stomach doesn't like, does this come everytime with red in your BMs?

The Following User Says Thank You to sesameseed For This Useful Post:
Jaye66 (02-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

emma9191 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesameseed View Post
Hey there, first of all, I know how you feel because seeing red is always scary! However, if I recall correctly bright red = mostly from the outer regions of your body, and that's good news because you know its not from the inside which can mean big problems. Do you have a good intake of fiber in your diet?? Do you strain when you go?? I ask this because it is possible that you may have hemorrhoids due to straining and or a diet that's lacking fiber. As for the white mucus, I'm not too sure on that one, it could be something you ate that your stomach doesn't like, does this come everytime with red in your BMs?
I thought that too at first, but sometimes I feel like it's the inside because of how bad my stomach feels sometimes. I'm honestly not sure how much fiber I get, but I don't think I get enough at all. But yes it is everytime no matter what, and the blood just comes every once in a while, but often enough that it's really scary.

Last edited by emma9191; 02-20-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User

Hmm, I would definitely talk to your doctor to be safe, sounds like something's really upset your stomach. The mucus and blood could be separate reasons, but that's just an idea. You can try eating more fiber, drinking more water, and seeing if the blood goes away. There's no harm in seeing a doc! Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
blood, blood in stool, stomach pain