It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
(male)

davem1984 HB User
Pain in lower back tightness - food related?

Hi all,

I'm new here so I hope you don't mind me going on about my problems?

During the past couple of years occasionally (2-3 times per week at least) I wake up with a chronic pain and tightness in my back when its really bad it can also be felt in my lower left side abdominal. It feels as if something is blocked up, swollen inside etc... This can be relieved instantly by going to the toilet (if I need to go) otherwise the pain could last a constant 2 days without being able to twist move around without being in extrema pain.. Sleeping is impossible! This is how I'm feeling now by the way. I find this so hard to explain (I guess thats why I have no luck with the doctors) I have had all the blood tests been told It could be IBS (I can definitely relate to the symptoms) I do eat a very health diet try to stay fit at the gym, sport I'm not overweight etc.. Obviously this causes all sorts of problems in my life - I have try-ed laying off certain foods the usual culprits bread, dairy products and all sorts of other things. The only thing I can guarantee to work is to not eat at-all! Obviously this isn't an option as I love food to much - I'm very frustrated right now and could really do with some good advice any replies will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Dave.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
(male)

allgoodian HB User
Re: Pain in lower back tightness - food related..?

First off let me say that I am sorry that you are in misery. bowel disorders are no fun and can really affect your lifestyle. If i were you i would find a competent GI doctor and let him or her know your symptoms and that the only way you find relief is by going to bathroom. I would assume that they would either want to do a CT scan or a colonosopy. I have had both several times and they are not too bad. This should at least answer some questions as to what may be causing your pain. With me, I was having pain in my lower left abdomen with lower back pain and after a colonoscopy i found i had diverticulosis at the ripe young age of 30. Im not saying that is what you have but like you I did not know what i had until someone with some sense took a peek inside. It may be as simple as either starting on a GOOD probiotic or you may want to try something simple like eating some activia yogurt to see if it helps straighten your gut out some. Hope you are able to find relief soon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Pain in lower back tightness - food related..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem1984 View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here so I hope you don't mind me going on about my problems?

During the past couple of years occasionally (2-3 times per week at least) I wake up with a chronic pain and tightness in my back when its really bad it can also be felt in my lower left side abdominal. It feels as if something is blocked up, swollen inside etc... This can be relieved instantly by going to the toilet (if I need to go) otherwise the pain could last a constant 2 days without being able to twist move around without being in extrema pain.. Sleeping is impossible! This is how I'm feeling now by the way. I find this so hard to explain (I guess thats why I have no luck with the doctors) I have had all the blood tests been told It could be IBS (I can definitely relate to the symptoms) I do eat a very health diet try to stay fit at the gym, sport I'm not overweight etc.. Obviously this causes all sorts of problems in my life - I have try-ed laying off certain foods the usual culprits bread, dairy products and all sorts of other things. The only thing I can guarantee to work is to not eat at-all! Obviously this isn't an option as I love food to much - I'm very frustrated right now and could really do with some good advice any replies will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Dave.
If it's relieved by moving your bowels then it could be trapped gas. I know for myself when I have a lot of gas I can't expel,it's only relieved by having a bowel movement.

Closed Thread