It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

randadawn HB Userrandadawn HB Userrandadawn HB User
just had laser hemorrhoid surgery... again!

It is Monday, february 20th. I had in office surgery done at 10:30. The doctor uses local numbing injection which sucked but not as bad as antipated. I took a valium and percoset before I went in for nerves and pain! So, 3.5 hours later pain is there was not bad....just burning. I had one very alrge mixed hamorrhoid that took up about 25% of my anal opening. Surgery was actually finished about 10:30. I have a 19 month old at home and have to be back to work on Thursday the 23rd. I have help at home until that morning. I did' t fly anywhere this time but drove tp greensburg| pa. Actually my husband did and he was with me through the surgeryb too.I imagine I may be a little nummb still but he didn't use anything long acting! I will keep everyone posted. Oh...this was on the other side I bdidnt have done.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

Re: just had laser hemorrhoid surgery.....again!

Okay, 5pm a little pain now....maybe a 1 or 2.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
(female)

Re: just had laser hemorrhoid surgery.....again!

Day 2......had a bm today and some burning with throbbing came after....just taking ibuprofenright now....pain is maybe a 3 and maybe a 4 or 5 right after bm but only lasted bout half hour. So far this has been good.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
(female)

Re: just had laser hemorrhoid surgery... again!

Day 3 Wednesday 22nd. More swelling and pain today....3 or 4.....bm's are soft but I hurt quite a bit after....more throbbing and burning then anything else. Funny how things get worse instead of better. I haven't picked my son up sice befor the surgery (28lbs) but have had help. I have another 24 hours of help then on m6 own here is my thought......find a doctor that will do one thing at a time. At no time do I. Feel too bad to go to work or clean, go up stairs, sit down. I have taken a bath today after bm but don't know if it really helpes. I have a mixture I put on 3 times per day. Neopsporin plus pain relief, lidocaine ointment, and a vitamin e capsule.......instructed by doctor......ibuprofen is better then any other meds.....big diff after they move in! I have been able to work from home with no issues. Problem.......bms are too soft and frequent. Too much stool softeener or fiber rich soft foods? Maybe both! I have read others on this board with laser and all seems pretty good with them throughtout the whole thing. So even if you have to do conventional there are docs who will do only one at a time. I have found them but still, I wanted laser! I have to go back in 6 weeks for maybe a touch up on tags and one more external hemorrhoid. Is anyone reading this?

Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

Pain gets to nil in afternoon then back to 3 or 4 in evening...it hurts now for some reason but still no need for pain meds. Just ibuprofen

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

Day 4.....little bleeding with bm today.....don't really look nuch different to me in that area.....I guess swelling...is that normal? It is a strange kind of pain I feel now...like pressure more then anything else. I am going back to work tomorrow. No problem there.to me baths make me feel worse instead of better. My pain is a 2 and I hope to be good by this weekend to do what I can with my baby.I go back on april 2 for check up and probably more work done. My anxiety about the whole thing isn't too bad now although for some reason I heard the second go round is worse. I have never been out of commission so from both of my experiences the laser is better. Think of this....how can a vein that is removed come back in the same place? It can't!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
(female)

Ok. No more stool softener and I am eating what I want but problem is I go like 3 times per day. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 02-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #8
(female)

I am at work! I am not pain free. Really, right now I feel like a have a small flare up so bearable. I go back on April 2 for a check up and maybe more work to be done. I plan on getting prego within the next year so want these devils to be gone!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
(male)

grayhounds3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randadawn View Post
I am at work! I am not pain free. Really, right now I feel like a have a small flare up so bearable. I go back on April 2 for a check up and maybe more work to be done. I plan on getting prego within the next year so want these devils to be gone!
I've had the surgery, horrible pain, worse than the hemmroid....

I've since found if you get a hemmroid, take an aspirin a day for 2 or 3 days, and it will go away on it's own. It's a blood clot, and aspirin thins the blood, and breaks up the clot.
Before I found that out, suffered very much. I usually take an aspirin every couple of days. If you find you bleed real easy, or lot, time to back off od f the aspirin. Going on 20 years without one!

not sure how aspirin is to affect the pregnancy though.

GL

Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
(female)

hoang HB User

Hi Randadawn,
I was so interested to read all your posts. How is your recovery now? Did you have this pain when you had your surgery in Phoenix? Which surgery gave you less pain?
Were you satisfied with the doctor in PA ? Do you recommend him? Can you give me his name and phone number? I live in Springfield, VA so it won't be too far for me compared to Phoenix. Do you have the name and phone number for the one in Baltimore?
Thanks in advance for your info

Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
(female)

J4Whitt HB User

Thank you for sharing your experience. I go to a general surgeon on Tuesday and I find out what they want to do me. Did you ever get the other ones done in April? How was that experience? Do you have any advice for me, I'm a little scared to find out what they want to do.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
(male)

StarrGuy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Whitt View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience. I go to a general surgeon on Tuesday and I find out what they want to do me. Did you ever get the other ones done in April? How was that experience? Do you have any advice for me, I'm a little scared to find out what they want to do.
I would highly recommend seeing a colorectal surgeon. They know a lot more.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
(female)

hoang HB User
Smile Re: just had laser hemorrhoid surgery... again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randadawn View Post
Hi Randadawn,

I just wonder how long it took you to recover complete from the laser surgery with the doctor in PA? Did you recover faster with the one in Phoenix? When i searched him, he is not a surgeon. Do you know how many patients he has performed the laser surgery?
Your information is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #14
(female)

jujoob HB User

Hi Randadawn,
I know your messages were sometime ago, but I would also really like to hear how it all went in the end. I had the laser surgery done 3 weeks ago. My hemorrhoides were grade 4 and he blasted them all in one go. It has been a real rollercoaster since then. Some days have been ok but I've had about 3 really bad days. I'm a lot better now but not 100% and feeling slightly anxious as we are due to go on holiday next week and I'm not sure how it's going to go.
Anyway, would love to hear how it all ended for you once you completed all the surgery.

Reply Reply